Elections Coming

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

We are rapidly approaching election time again and I wanted to get people thinking about this topic early. Think about weather you would like to be involved with the clubs planning and direction. Do you want to guide the future of the club? If so, take a look at the position descriptions below and decide which would be the best fit. We will be calling for nominations a little later.

Thanks all!

Here is a description of the postions:

President

The President is responsible for supervision of the club and its officers and is required to fulfill the following tasks. Preside at all meetings of the club and the Board meetings. Appoint any special committees necessary for carrying out the mission of the club. Organize the necessary Board Meetings during the off-season to plan and schedule the upcoming season of events. Perform other duties as his/her office may require. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Vice President

Perform all presidential duties in the President’s absence. Work with the Board to set the annual calendar of events. Organize topics or speakers for the monthly meetings. This duty will be performed in cooperation with the rest of the Board as well. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Membership Chairperson

Perform all presidential duties in the absence of the President and the Vice President. Maintain up to date membership records and keep an accurate written record of the payments made by each member of the club. Maintain a complete email and home (as needed) address list of all members of the club. The Membership Chairman is responsible for maintaining the club’s mailing distribution lists, distributing the meeting invitation and handling any other club correspondence. Handle any incoming requests or questions from prospective club members. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Treasurer

The Treasurer receives all money for the club and keeps accurate records thereof. Collect all money owed to the club and see to it that all financial obligations of the club are fulfilled. Maintain the club’s bank accounts. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Secretary

Keep an accurate written record of the proceedings of all Board meetings. Minutes from Board meetings should be available to the membership at least seven days prior to the next regular club meeting. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

Event Coordinator

The Events Coordinator is accountable for the logistics of all regular events, including location, A/V equipment needed, supplies, refreshments, etc. The Event Coordinator can call on any other board or club member to assist in the preparation or setup of meeting as needed.

Thanks for the interest!
-Reed

feel free to self nominate if you are interested. I am always available to talk to if you just want to know more about the jobs. Just PM me

i just wanted to remind folks,
this is coming up soon, and we need intelligent, experienced people who want to be involved with making this club as great as it has become,
only colleen and myself are interested in staying on from the current bod, so we will need 3-4 more people to join us!
this is your opportunity to have a say in how YOUR club is run!!
also, we will be needing to add a "web master/geek" position to either an existing b.o.d. position, or just make it a new position, so please, if you think you have what it takes and you are willing to give an hour or 2 a week of your time, please let us know!!:)

p.s. please make sure you o.k. it with any individual you choose to nominate for a board position;)

Another bump for the elections...

Ok members, we haven't heard from anyone. Someone has to run the club if you want the club to continue!

There are only two of us interested in continuing this year and we can't run it alone.

There are many things we need help with..... helping with speakers transportation, running/scheduling a tank tour, planning a social event before a meeting, running a raffle and selling tickets, helping get donations for the club so we can continue bringing speakers in, planning a meeting itself, etc. The list goes on and on.

Hopefully we will hear of some people interested and that have a little extra time. It is really fun to do.

Ilham,
As long as the other person is willing to run for the position then yes. Please don't nominate someone without checking with them first.

Do you have a list of folks that are going to be staying on Reed??? You folks have done a great job this year and I would love to see those that want to stay, stay???

Elmo get ready buddy, I am going to nominate you.

Mike

Mark & Colleen are interested in continueing with their service to the club. I will always be around to help out, just not in an official capacity (perhaps again another time when my schedule has a little more time available in it).

Treasurer position

I'm actually interested in passing the checkbook on to someone else....

I'm interested in continuing planning and organizing as I have been doing the past couple of meetings, but would like to pass the money handling to someone else.

Hi fellow club members. I had not known in advance, and I know and feel that I will not have the time to dedicate fully for the position. As a result, I will decline the gracious nominations, as I believe the club will have better potential if someone could dedicate much more time into it than I can. Thank you to Mike and Dang for the nominations. Although, it would be nice if Dang can have a position so at least we get some Thai food..... :D

Hopefully I will have many chances later on, but at this moment...in time...in life...I do have other things I'm concentrating on. That is not to say that I will not be around, but just that I think there are people out there with greater or equal amounts of passion for the hobby and leadership as past club presidents.

Regards,
Ilham

I'd help out...

Hi All...

Some of you know me and my long-time participation in the hobby on the professional end through Blue Sierra. I just started attending meetings and I am looking for fresh experiences and new ways to enjoy this hobby, as retail has begun to become routine. If there are no others who are interested, I would love the opportunity to help the PSAS in the role of secretary (preferably) or treasurer.

Thanks for your consideration,
Cy Forell

I would like to second the self nomination of Cy for Secretary. I have known Cy for about 7 years now and think he would be a great addition to a great club.

Back