Euro brace

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thank Scooterman. I plan on building my own light housing with hammertone reflectors. i want it to be a box with pull fans on top. The whole unit will be on tracks allowing me to ajust the hight as needed. like a gear trackon each side. I want the tank to be open on top with no canopy at all.
Hope that helps a little i'll post pictures as i build it.

I agree Dteri has done awesome work, I look forward to seeing your progress, might give me some more ideas, I plan on using LIII's reflectors, not sure about making tracks though, maybe your thread will convince me different. lol

Frankie - how tight/snug is the angle iron on the tank? I'm curious as to how to get it on there and be tight enough to do the job. Did you do the welding, or did you have it done? :)

NaH2O said:
Frankie - how tight/snug is the angle iron on the tank? I'm curious as to how to get it on there and be tight enough to do the job. Did you do the welding, or did you have it done? :)
I had it done by a guy in my church who dose art welding. Cost me $120. He left it an 1/8" wider around for the silicone to have room to be.It fit like a glove once I glued it on. Im not to sure about your tank being acrylic with silicone but I used clear aquarium silicone sealent by C.R Laurence co., inc. for the acrylic coast to coast to glass and its like iron after fully cured. I had real trouble getting the overflows off when I re-built the tank from the last tim I used it last year.

Back