Evergrow D120's feed back

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Bought 2 from beerier reef just over a year ago.. one has already had a driver replaced (right off the bat) and now the same one has blow out a single led which has made the fixutre only run on 50%

so the bottom line...

stay away from evergrow fixtures... they are garbage,

Im waiting from a reply from beerier, guess they are going to send me leds to repair it my self (i can do, but i feel i shouldnt have to)

they should send me a new fixture and take back the broken one.. but what ever...

I ended up going on amazon and ordering something similar as cheap as i could find to be delivery quick as it can (tomorrow)

again, stay away from evergrow fixtures,

I have the Evergrow A8's. I have had them for about 9 months. They have run great, but I am having issues with some of the SPS burning on the top. I run at 60 % max for a few hours. Tank is 26 inch deep. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

My acropora is taken the led with out any problems.... and i have mine turned to about 80% both channels on 12 hours a day

but the fixture i got from amazon is better.. I wont mess with The ever grows anymore,.. I got ripped off

Sounds to me like they did exactly what their warranty states they would do....

Sorry to hear you had such a problem with them. i have had mine for 2+ years now and haven't had any problems what so ever.

well... The other one is doing fine...

It was disappointing how the people i got it from handled it, Its with in warranty they should have sent me a new fixture and took back the old one.. Instead they sent me 2 leds and said have fun... Or hey you can send the fixture across the country turns out the led fixture i got from amazon was cheaper and faster to acquire

Barriers warranty clearly states that they will send you replacement parts.

http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productcart/pc/EverGrow-Controllable-IT2041-16-LED-Custom-Tuned-by-BRA-515p11443.htm

If you didn't read it then, you should go ahead and read it now, rather than bad mouthing a sponsor.

Capture_zpssxnf5ila.png

Yeah no.... They wont get my biz again... the phone conversation from the mail was handled poorly, There was a mix up of customers... there was a misplacement of information, I spent over 500$ for 2 lights...

One which failed Immediately (driver) took almost 7 days of half channel on brand new fixture to receive a replacement driver...

then less then a year later a entire channel is loss because the leds are wire in series.... you do relize im saying that I contacted them first... and b4 they where able to get me these
20151014_163610.jpg

which i might add... i have no clue which is blue or which is white... i was able to get the same fixture from amazon (1/4 price) from less then at a much faster rate

"No i can not bring the lights in for repair.... I live on the other side of the country"

Look ive delt with a lot of different people... I work for Phillips supply I know the game... we supply everyone..... the point being is that barrier handled it bad... and every grow fixtures are poorly manufactured , Im sure there store front is nice, and there face to face biz is much different then internet orders...

Keep in mind that i went on the wim of this site where to order.... It didnt work... Ill never buy from there again... Nor a larger internet order from such a distanced place

I think your slightly confused on what "bad mouthing" is

* you dont get to 3900 posts with bad mouthing

Did they comply with the warranty as stated? Your post seems to indicate that they did, you just weren't happy with the fact that that is ALL they did. Making it appear as though the service you received wasn't the service you were promised is bad mouthing. "I got ripped off", well, no, you didn't. The warranty terms are not unreasonable.

They put a warranty on a light that doesn't come with one, and they complied with it. You don't win customer service awards that way, I agree, but the reason the warranty exists, is so you have a reasonable expectation of how issues are going to be handled. You stated above that is what they did.

Oh, and I could give a flip they are local to me. The prevailing attitude that somehow the world owes us something is just a big huge load of crap.

Like i said ... to anyone whos thinking of buying evergrow lights....

you can get a fixture from amazon for half price... these leds fixtures are just like hqi bulbs.. use em until they are done buy new ones throw the old ones away

FB_IMG_1443918209006.jpg

Now you can, yes. The mars aqua ones have a pretty good rep too. There's a FB group buy group that gets you a bit more of a discount too. Don't expect a warranty though.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. I have the Ecotech's and have had zero issues. Barrier is stand up, so you will not get much sympathy here.

I can feel your pain. Barrier is actually a top notch lfs here. Probably one of the more liked ones.
However, $500 for lights that capped out on you. Would disappoint me myself as well.
I recently paid $1200 for two lights. Believe me, if one or both or anything craps out on me. There will be hell to pay. Lol
Keep your head up and keep at it burning. U got nice tank going there.
D

I can feel your pain. Barrier is actually a top notch lfs here. Probably one of the more liked ones.
However, $500 for lights that capped out on you. Would disappoint me myself as well.
I recently paid $1200 for two lights. Believe me, if one or both or anything caps out on me. There will be hell to pay. Lol
Keep your head up and keep at it burning. U got nice tank going there.
D

Very well said :)

what go is a warranty if you have to send back in the light anyway... tank cant just go weeks with half output....

best to get lights like said from amazon or ebay, and have a entire 2nd fixture on the shelf as a critical spare

Back