Evergrow D120's feed back

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what go is a warranty if you have to send back in the light anyway... tank cant just go weeks with half output....
So, you made a poor decision in buying a light with a warranty that stated that.

I've worked with Barrier before, they have never been unreasonable. Overnight or 2-3 day shipping isn't that expensive, and the warranty says shipping is on them. Can't imagine a tank dying over a week of light loss.... Hurricanes don't come in and out in a day, people with delicate SPS have done 3-5 day lights outs for cyano. Can't imagine you were running either fixture at 100% either. It wouldn't have been convenient I'm sure, but no one said it would be.

It sucks, I agree 100%. What I don't agree with is the part where you said you got screwed. Unless you actually state something that says they didn't do what is stated in the warranty, you got what you paid for. We have a lot of great local stores. Barrier is not my favorite of them, but they wouldn't be anyone's favorite if they didn't back their stuff.

So, you made a poor decision in buying a light with a warranty that stated that.

I've worked with Barrier before, they have never been unreasonable. Overnight or 2-3 day shipping isn't that expensive, and the warranty says shipping is on them. Can't imagine a tank dying over a week of light loss.... Hurricanes don't come in and out in a day, people with delicate SPS have done 3-5 day lights outs for cyano. Can't imagine you were running either fixture at 100% either. It wouldn't have been convenient I'm sure, but no one said it would be.

It sucks, I agree 100%. What I don't agree with is the part where you said you got screwed. Unless you actually state something that says they didn't do what is stated in the warranty, you got what you paid for. We have a lot of great local stores. Barrier is not my favorite of them, but they wouldn't be anyone's favorite if they didn't back their stuff.

Agreed, the warranty information is there. If you don't like the warranty you shouldn't have bought it.

Back