Excess CO2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MINIATUS

I have a K2R reactor which I am just setup about a week ago. I have a CO2 bubble count of 1 bubble persecond and the drip of efflent is 1 drop per sec. I have noticed that the lid every once in awhile seems to be leaking. also there is massive bubbles forming inside the canister at the top. if i open the valve that controls the drip it disappears and the thing stops leaking.What is happening here and what can I do to stop this.

MINIATUS :confused:

Well if it is filling up w/ air and starting to leak then you effluent is too low and air to high. You are overpressurizing it causing the leak. The way I run mine is to meter the water in the input to my reactor, and let it just drain freely. This way the output is non restricted and it does not overpressurize. Any excess c02 will just blow out.

I have my pressure at between 10-20 lbs which is recommended. so should I slow the imput water down or up the drip rate out.Bubble count is that ok or maybe change it to 1 bubble every 3 seconds or so. PH reading stays at 8.2-8.3. so if Im a little dense on this.

MINIATUS

Yes you have too much air and not enough water. I would do as you suggested and move down to 1 bubble per 3 seconds and see how that works. Also if this reactor does not have a co2 recuirc loop, add one for sure. I don't really know anything about your particular reactor, just the general stuff.

I will try that. how do I put a reciculating loop in for excessive co2. will I need to drill the top and put another valve in.

MINIATUS

Show me a couple good pics of how the co2 is injected into your reactor. Usually you can drill and tap a hole in the lid and just add a 1/4" john guest fitting and then T that into your co2 input line.

i follow now what you mean. I have extra fittings drill and taps. Got an afternoon project. Thanks for the help. Will update

MINIATUS :D

Back