Exicetement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i got 150 or so out of the tank and into a grow-out tank. Baby Clarkii clown's are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE:p I have a cyclops tank for growing them so I am set!!!!!!!!!! Finishing the last touch to tank now...............Born 10:00 p.m.

Thanks,
left that to my brother and his girlfriend!
I thought Nemo for one just for the heck
of it. typing in the dark is hard....

sorry for what may be a silly question, but what's a cyclops tank. And can you post photos and an explanation of your baby clown rearing setup once finished up. Thank you, Congrats & good luck!:)

I just have a colony of cyclops in a tank and didn't know they were there until last week.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/420948884_68fe8ccadc.jpg?v=0
The babies are soo freaking small _ about that big (the underscore) and are pearly/clear/pinkish-orange Will try to get pictures later, will get them to eating the cyclops/"pods" tomorrow

Daily updates will be posted on the little fellers

Loss=0
size:~ between 1/8 and 1/4 inch
food: Cyclops starting tomorrow

- Will put into a 20 gallon wide tank and use it for the various larval stages this Wednesday. NO sand on the bottom plexiglass dividers and strainers to keep younger from going intop the older babies' area. Filter will be protected so the little guys can't get sucked in. I darkened the sides on their on tank and have a single beam of light going into the tank so When I feeds them cyclops they can find them easily. In 13 days they will metamorphose and will be sold/traded to some places/people about a month or two from now.

Last edited:
My guidelines are coming from http://www.Reefhobbyistmagazine.com
from the magazine issues with clown care.........I also just learned the president of the Quad City Marine/Reef organization lives a block away from me, but is moving in a month.

Correction, I will start cyclops saturday.

Loss=0
size:~ between 1/8 and 1/4 inch
food: Phytoplex (starting tomorrow)

- Will put into a 20 gallon wide tank and use it for the various larval stages this Wednesday. NO sand on the bottom plexiglass dividers and strainers to keep younger from going intop the older babies' area. Filter will be protected so the little guys can't get sucked in. I darkened the sides on their on tank and have a single beam of light going into the tank so When I feeds them cyclops they can find them easily. In 13 days they will metamorphose and will be sold/traded to some places/people about a 4 months or 5 from now.

Last edited:
Day 3
They love ZooPlex
they sampled everything and one tried to eat a BBS only to find it couldn't fit in it's mouth!:lol:
Changed water
about 1/4 inch long and growing FASTER than a rocket is fast,if you know what I mean.
see, they were born saturday so yeah, three days old
They look like mini-shrimp, yet I know they are clowns

I went to a cardinals game and didn't have much of a chance to take care of them in the morning and now I have one little guy left :(.

Back