Faciosity's step up to 210

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
Well, the octogons are finally out, and the new 210 is in. It took 2 whole days to do the entire swap. The only place my new tank could fit is right where the old tank was, so it was a major chore to put everything in large stock tubs while I switched out the displays. The first whole day was just breaking down and setting up equipment, and the second day was filling the tank and switching over the livestock. I used all my old water, rock and sand with some new stuff as well, so it should still stay pretty stable. Still need to mount better lights in the canopy, since it was wired for 6' VHO T12s and blue LEDs. I plan on mounting a bunch of T5s under there eventually, but will somehow use my existing T5 fixture and/or halides temporarily. So here is the first pics of my "new" setup.

DSCN5836.jpg

DSCN5834.jpg

DSCN5833.jpg

DSCN5816.jpg

DSCN5831.jpg

DSCN5827.jpg

DSCN5830.jpg

DSCN5821.jpg

When doing the switch, one bin was full of large rock and some fish, while the other was filled with 90% of the corals and the rest of the fish. Here is $3k+ of livestock in a bucket. I should have turned off the pumps for a minute while I got some good pictures, but I was too busy to worry about it at the time.

DSCN5809.jpg

DSCN5807.jpg

DSCN5806.jpg

I havn't completely finished putting the plumbing together, so once I finish I will fill it a little higher and rearange some things.

maybe 3 out of a hundred corals looks stressed out, but will probably survive, and I can only see about two thirds of my fish at any given time because there is soo much space and hiding spots, but they mostly seem happy. A couple of them have little nips on their tails as they are trying to reestablish their dominance and claim their areas. I found a small leak in the sump when I was filling it, so it has silicone curing right now and I can finish filling it tomorrow and start up the pumps and skimmer.

Very cool man!! I could only imagine how much of a pain it was tearing down and setting up!! Re-arranging liverock/aquascaping is always the most time consuming for me. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool man!! I could only imagine how much of a pain it was tearing down and setting up!! Re-arranging liverock/aquascaping is always the most time consuming for me. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe cause you are to picky. LOL

Actually, there will still be some rearanging done. By the second day, I was tired, sore and stressed out from the move, and I had lost so much of my valuable family time that I just kinda threw everything wherever it would fit. Now that the tank is running good and they are all adjusting well, it's time to dial it all in. Aquascaping definately came to mind though! I had close to 300 pounds of rock in the old tank, and the new tank came with about 250 pounds, so I sold over 100 pounds ahead of time, and about 100 pounds after, and still have about 50 pounds to get rid of. It was difficult deciding which of the old rocks and which of the new to keep. I had to make a little bit of a return on the whole process, after all, I spent a grand on the new setup!

Last edited:
Hey Ben,
Are you still using tap water? This is an exciting upgrade! Much more room for the fishies to swim! =D Did you have all that rock before? I don't remember seeing it all before. You are not the only one that has had troubles with their tank lately. I know you said over the summer you had problems. I am going to update my thread. Looking nice!

Hey Ben,
Are you still using tap water? This is an exciting upgrade! Much more room for the fishies to swim! =D Did you have all that rock before? I don't remember seeing it all before. You are not the only one that has had troubles with their tank lately. I know you said over the summer you had problems. I am going to update my thread. Looking nice!

I am still using conditioned tap water, but this setup came with a nice ro/di unit that I just havn't hooked up yet. I had quite a bit of rock in the old tank, but used some that came with the new tank as well. The fish definately seem excited about the swimming spaace. My trigger constantly swims from one side to the other.

Dude that tank is packed!!! I feel sorry for you if you ever have to get in there to catch a fish :p. Looks good though. :)

Who says my levels are in line? I just set up this tank and havn't even finished the plumbing yet, so all there is for flow right now is 4x koralia 4s. I have kept a pretty stable tank through biodiversity (good CUC) and water changes, and hopefully it stays that way through the transition.

Looking good for such a big move in tanks. I know how much of a pain it is to get everything just right after a move. PITA. :lol: Look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Cheers,
Alex

I hope my question didn't sound rude. Your SPS color is just amazing, the last time I was there, and when I heard you just used conditioned tap water, I could not believe it!!! The color is outstanding on your frags the last time I was there. Your Trigger must be very happy. That is what Moby, my Naso, did when she got in the 180. Just swam and swam. She was so happy. I am going to start saving for a bigger tank in the future, if we can afford it. She is growing so much. She is my second favorite fish. It really is between her and my Red Flame hawkfish. So much personality. I love them. Anyway, I just hope I didn't sound rude, because I didn't mean to. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Back