Fastest in wall ever

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the advise, I went out and bought 3 more 15 amp GFCI's(total of five separate protected zones), so the heater/controller, half the k4's, other half k4's, return pump, rest of support system(skimmer, ca rx and sump lights) all on thier own dedicated GFCI. At least if one pops not everything will go down. After hearing Duanes story I took my thermostat/fan system off the GFCI as none of it is in or in danger of being in contact with water and would really hate the small room to get baked if GFCI were to pop.

just ran into a problem with my tank room. Water is condensing on the underside of my roof in the cold weather. I became aware of the problem as dirty water streaks started showing up on the outside wall, I have bird blocking installed all along the bottom for venting and slatted vent holes in the attic area of both exterior walls. The ceiling is vaulted with 6-8 inches clearance to the roof and only a couple inches left open after insulation. I have replaced one of the slotted vents with a fan which is starting to dry things out. The tank room itself is vented using a bathroom fan controlled by a thermostat, which kicks on at 78 degrees. Anyone else run into this dilema and have success with sealing moisture out of the attic?

I have been motivated by others recent photo's to add some updated pics to my thread. I took the pics under acticnic only which gives a 20K look to the tank for 4hours, 2hours either side of the 7hour MH's.

LeftSide.jpg

middle.jpg

rightside.jpg

Got blue sticks?

seaofblue.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on my poor quality pictures. I have just got a DSLR, I went with the Nikon D90. I do not have a macro lense yet and am beginning to wade through the user manual. I am hoping to get crisper pictures with the stock lense (18-105mm)and will eventually go the macro route. I would appreciate any advice folks have in taking sharp pictures and also how to keep the colors true. Most of my pics are a bit blurry and often the colors wash out, I definitely have a lot to learn. Here are some initial pics with the halides on.

FTS
fts.jpg

Left Side
leftside.jpg

Middle
middle.jpg

Right Side
rightside.jpg

30K Lokani
30k2.jpg

Pink Lemonade
pinklemonade.jpg

Ora/Cali Tort
tort.jpg

It looks to me like you have too much of that fantastic blue tort in there, if you need any help with that just let me know.

It looks to me like you have too much of that fantastic blue tort in there, if you need any help with that just let me know.

I have been trying to find a natural predator for the cali tort, seems to be pretty invasive.

can you give us a preview of your filtration system?
I assume you are asking about the sump? There are a couple pics on the first page. I have added a frag tank to the system which is not pictured. Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see a better pic of.

I am going to try and take some pics using a tripod to try and sharped the pics.

I dont have a nikon Steve, but for me, after I find the WB that works, I mess withthe shutter speed and occasionally use manual focus to get focus on the awkward to get to coral. I have so much to learn though. And the tripod is a huge help too.

Back