Favorite Little Tank Gadget?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What is your favorite little gadget?

• Algae Scraper (magnet, etc)

Votes: 46 32.4%
  • Feeding Clip (suction cup, magnetic, etc)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Aquarium Tongs

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Flashlight

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Siphon hose

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Trap/Net

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Turkey Baster

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • Refractometer or Hydrometer

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Fragging Shears or Forceps

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other (please add below)

Votes: 17 12.0%

• Total voters
NaH2O said:
I'm going to assume you are really tall? or maybe an Orangutan? Just kidding :) LOL

hehehe Many many things have I been called Nikki, and unfortunately "Orangutan Arms" was one of them! *wink* I'm just a widdle guy (6'4"), so yea... my arms do reach the bottom.

I'm a big fan of super-glue and frankenstein rocks. I use the gel type, because its movable and I never seem to get it right the first time.

Well missed this thread the first time round. I would vote for my electronic temp monitor/ tracker.

Aquacontroller III is my favorite new gadget right now. It e-mails my cell phone if there is ever a problem. Fun toy, but expensive

my jewelers loop for the microscopics so interesting by flashlight at night.

I voted for magnet algae scraper but after reading thru this thread I have to say I sure appreciate the auto water topoffs. I have two. One for sump and other for fresh RO storage.

Mag Cleaners are nice. I have 1 for every tank I own. I voted for Refractrometer. Since I began I used a hydrometer. Knowing very little about what is what I relied heavily on it. Till the day I had my LFS test my water and discovered that my Hydrometer was off by 0.040 S.G. Never again will I own or use a Hydrometer.

1020.jpg

RO wash bottle. I can't imagine not having one for cleaning test kits, rinsing mysis, cleaning glass, washing saltwater off my stainless tweezers, mixing with dry foods, spraying my cat to get him away from soaking foods, rinsing corals after dips, and on and on.

honorable mention to 12" stainless tweezers with the teeth grooves filled in with a smear of silicone.

Flash light is my favorite piece of very important tools. It is for my night operations, verifying all perimeters of my tank and looking at all of the little creatures that come out at night.

My two foot long tweezers, they make grabbing things off the bottom of a 30" deep tank possible!

I cannot live without my long tweezers,flashlight and 200 tubes of superglue...i make sure i have two flashlights charged at all times,and my tweezers are hanging on my magnet for easy access...superglue gets its faily use for sure..yurkey baster is a must in my little system..for debris removal!!

Back