Feather Duster staying in tube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rwm555

I purchased a feather duster about 8 days ago. It was out and appeared fine for the first 7 days. For the last 36 hours, it has remained way down in the tube. I can't see it at all. I check all the water parms this morning and they were fine.

Should I be concerned or is this normal?

Just keep an eye on it. Did it loose it's crown? Mine lost it's crown when I first got it and it regrew. But it took a couple weeks.

I agree with Burke and heard of them loosing all there "feathers". Give it some time. Probally will be ok.

If it doesnt come out in the next couple of days then I would be concerned. Generally feather dusters (Large ones) only last 1-2 yrs. Its hard to tell how old one is when you finally get it to your tank.

Mine lost it's "feathers" after a few weeks. I thought it was dead, my other feather duster less than an inch away was fine. Since they were connected to the same rock, I didn't plan on removing its tube. About 2-3 weeks later it popped up with new feathers and is doing great.

Also check the end of the Tube. It should be pulled down and closed for the worms protection. If it is open it may have left the tube, might be dead or it may have crawled down in the sand. They can also make new tubes.

Back