feed a suicidal hippo to a RBTA?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tdfox

My brand new, not even a week old to me, very expensive, new favorite hippo tang commited suicide today. It jumped in front of a working powerhead... I am truly upset about this. I have wanted one of these for a long long time... RIP.

Now, can I feed this carcass to my RBTA? Might as well make use of it, if I can.
Thanks
Travis

What??! It got sucked into the powerhead? How awful. I'm sorry.:cry:

If you feed it to the BTA make sure you chop in very small bits (1/4 in or less)

yeah I wouldn't be so upset if it was a Damsel the price is a fair bit different.

If it got sucked into a powerhead, not to sure it was healthy, I wouldn't risk getting another animal sick.

I'm in mourning

The anen is growing well. It likes my tank! In fact everything is looking very happy. Finally everything is coming together. I owe a big thanks to those of you who gave or sold (at a great big discount) me stuff.
Yeah it was the brand new to me (less than 5 days in my tank) blue Hippo I got last Sat from Barrier Reef (shameless plug here... Those guys are great!) It got stuck on one of my power heads. I am still very bummed I love those fish. It really completed my tank, and of course my daughter really loves Dory ya know.
I am just going to hang out here and wait for someone who needs to get rid of one rather than pay retail... ouch they are not cheap.
Take care

the tang is far too large as food by a scale of magnitude. Some anemones will eat it, none will digest much of it... all will reguritate it (only the big Stichodactyla are really any good at catching/eating fishes)

Back