filtersock cleaning

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so a 30 and 60 will be good for a sock.

i think ill pick up one or 2

Just make sure you change out the sock often, especially when you are using the smaller micron sizes. They will collect detritus quickly, and will start to degrade water quality by being collected in the sock.

Yea, I usually leave the sock in hours only, never over night even, these micron socks clog up quickly.

I put my filter socks in the washer on the slow/gentle cycle with a little bleach. When finished, I run them through the rinse cycle one more time. Then, I let them dry thoroughly before using.
I've been doing it this way for over a year with no problems.

I normally drop the dirty ones off at my LFS and exchange them for new ones but if i can't make it up to the LFS thats exactly how i do mine and it doesn't seem to be hurt anything.

I normally drop the dirty ones off at my LFS and exchange them for new ones

ok i don't think i undestood.... you do what??? :eek: .
wwouu i didn't know you could do that, that's really nice :)

Yeah my LFS rocks! I love going to that store. Unfortunately i haven't been able to buy anything from there in awhile because of my tanks condition. But yeah my LFS lets us drop off the old dirty bags in exchange for clean ones.

I said new ones before and i meant to say clean ones...sorry

I put my filter socks in the washer on the slow/gentle cycle with a little bleach. When finished, I run them through the rinse cycle one more time. Then, I let them dry thoroughly before using.
I've been doing it this way for over a year with no problems.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

i don't really see any reason to let them dry.... i take mine straight out of the washer and hang them on the sump

Back