Final photos before the fish go in

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks great Krish, be sure to post some pictures when you get the fish. How hard is it to collect snails from the wild there? They might come in handy after a week or two of introducing fish.

Clayton

Clayton, snails are as easy to get as a sunburn here! (LOL) I know of a few places I can go at low tide and pick them up practically without getting out of the car. I'll see how long I can go when I add the fish without having to add any snals.

Well, it looks like there is going to be another change of plans again. I am currently using 2 all-glass light strips (which I always had laying around) with 50/50 bulbs in them seeing I didn't want too much light in my tank. One of the strips went bad and it really isn't worth fixing so I ordered a new coral life aqualight fixture today which I am getting at a steal. My friend who owns the LFS can get it brand new from his supplier under $70 and can land it for just under $130 here in the Bahamas and that's all it will cost me as I don't pay any mark up...I get everything at cost. Here is the one I am getting. It's a little more wattage, but atleast I can remove the rest of the glass on the tank for better cooling and evaporation. I should have the new light in 2 weeks

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...roduct_Code=ESU-53008&Category_Code=Aqualight

Me again...and maybe another change. I am seriously contemplating removing the back rock wall all together from my tank and adding all LR. I think I want to provide more hiding places for my fish as well as getting rid of my bio-balls to try out this cool thing you guys call denitrification (LOL). I'm honestly not that interested in hair algae again and fighting with high nitrate levels whether I go FO or not. I'll keep you guys posted.

PC lighting, thinking about more LR..... Krish are thinking about more than a FO tank?:D

Last edited:
Who knows Ken...I've really got everything right in my backyard. I'll definately need a chiller if I go with corals etc and learn a lot more about keeping them. If I do go with the LR and not my rock wall, I wouldn't add any fish until sometime next year. I'll let everything setup and make sure it is all right and then I'll see how it goes. I don't need any fish right now...Not in a major rush. I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision because I'll hate to start all over later. I may add 2 small fish in the meantime while I decide, but nothing more until I make a definate decision.

hmm it looks like you are going for corals hehe and i kind of think you should with that awesome background :D , man why don't you live closer dood, so i could go and drool about it because its not the same seeing it on a picture than seeing it in person.

Keep the rock wall for this tank, and do the live rock thing on the next one.

Hahah Ken!

This is a nice looker Krish! Definitely a tank of its own it looks like :)

- Ilham

Keep the rock wall for this tank, and do the live rock thing on the next one

You want my wife to really kill me now...2 tanks in the same house!(LOL) I just went downstairs and pulled out the center section and figured I'll keep the rock look since I have it and see what happens with it. I can always change it later if it doesn't work out. The thing I am mostly afraid of is if anything get's behind it somehow. I guess that too I'll have to wait and see what happens. I definately need some more flow along the back wall. Stuff settles on it and where it does, it is starting to get a little bit of brown slimey stuff...Not the brown slimey stuff(LOL) It's the only place that has it so it must be because of the lack of flow. The glass nor my center LR piece nowhere has it, just the background so atleast I know I've got the front and side sections covered. I will post a picture of the brown stuff when I go back downstairs.

Here is the picture of the brown crap and also the
coloration on my rocks. I've got 3 shades of green in there
and a few shades of purple. I thought the green was staring to look
like hair algae, but it is as hard as rock and can't be scraped off with
my finger. It also isn't slimey...Pretty cool all the colors except for the
brown(LOL)

Well Krish, in my high opinion. I think you should stick with your original plan. With fish, you just might have a diamond in the rough, so to speak. Adding a few Corals to your back wall wouldn't be a huge task either. Stay on your route and plan carefully.

Yes sir Captain Detri (LOL). I will since you like the background so much. How about this...When I get tired of it, I'll send it to you for free. I don't think I've ever sold anything to anyone in life and that is why I have such a hard time with my wife getting new things. She says if you weren't such a jack donkey, then you could have sold that thing and bought something else (LOL). I'm not letting you take any more money out of the bank for that tank! Well I'm getting about $10,000 December for my Christmas Bonus, so she better watch out!!! I bet you she wants some of it to spend(LOL)

Thats a fools bet Krish LOL....Won't work in my tank though :(

My wife is the same way. If someone can use something I don't use I give it to them. And finally, my wife realizes why I do that. The rturns from those people have been 10 fold. I'll help anyone anytime. I have more handy friends you can shake a stick at. And ALL of them have told me, and have done for me, I'll never have to pay for there help ever. The Long run is what counts man. You don't know if you'll be employeed 10 years from now and need a roof installed. Like now, I have had a bitch of a time finding a job. I am a stay at home dad and call my wife "Yes Ma'am"

lol!!!
ok here's the secret boys :D
give the wife a little bit of money to pamper herslef, or do whatever she wants with it.

The wife gets a little bit of money to do what she wants...She's got a 2 story Condo and she got a new car! What costs more...hmmm...Tank vs Condo and car :mad:

Ok here is the thing, You have to lie about the amount. Becuase you have to give her 90% of the total to keep her happy. Geez, My wife owns 90% of the bed we sleep in. Floor is real cumfy now that I am used to it.

Back