• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Finally, a big (really big) Elos tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nope...we're all just as curious as you. Matt designed this one himself. Some things were run by us and other ideas are uniquely his. He told me he will most definately be doing a tank build thread. If you could see his garage and equipment....this is going to be special.

Wow! Thanks for showing us all your new baby! we are all in Awwww. I thought my in wall 300G was big! man thats a beast! Keep the pics commin!

I can't wait for a build thread this is gonna be awesome. I seem to remember you getting a wavebox at one point, and curious to see if your going to use it in the set up. The waves would look pretty cool in a rimmless providing it didn't start sloshing out the sides.

Believe me, I thought about the wavebox. Especially after seeing them at one of the shops in San Francisco. I too was worried about sloshing, but if my buddy who I sold mine to will let me bring it home to try out, I may consider it for this tank.

Simply stunning! I love the craftmanship and attention to detail Elos gives...simply unmatched !
Maybe I can explain the way Elos does the overflows. Normally,the Elos overflow is attached to the overflow grate you see on the top and piped directly through the box and down towards the sump. This creates a 'dry' area which can be used to run wires ect. If I am reading this correctly... the overflow pipes are not shown connected and the rest of the chamber(which is normally dry) is now a wet chamber because of the circular grates where the tunzes will go. The two smaller holes on either side near the top are for the returns and the circular holes you see cut into the two side panes next to them are where the elos downflows will be connected.

Last edited:
Back