Finally! Gina's (NanoReefer411's) 180+tank upgrade! =)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thank you Michael. Will do =)

Slim I know. There is a member on RC that has all 3 panes starphire. He got the tank on sale brand new for only 500.00 at the time!

Here is my sump on its stand. It was wayyyyy too tall for me.

sump.jpg

So yesterday I started working on it cutting it down....

Step 1: Remove the sump from the original stand without getting hurt.

:rolleyes:FAIL!
injury.jpg

I am all scraped up and black and blue today. LOL.

This was right after, so it looks worse today. I wish I was stronger.

Step 2: Unscrew the original top.

unscrewingtop.jpg

Step 3: Make sure you can find a bit that will actually fit the screw heads, otherwise you may be saying some explicit language and ruin your smaller headed tips.

Step 4: After unscrewing those 2x4s cut them to a short size so you can easily access your sump. Of course only if you are a shorty like me.

cuttingwood.jpg

Step 5: Put it back together and ask for help getting it on the newly sized stand so you do not get hurt again!:eek2:
newstandsize.jpg

Now I am just waiting on bulkheads. =)

LOL. =) Michael and ntswift. I kind of handled it.

Well, it looks like I am out of luck for a while. No one has the bulkheads. I went and got some from Kevin, but they did not fit. Barbie's order did not come in. =( Oye. Might have to pick some up in Seattle on Friday if I cannot get any here. This is a bummer.

waaa =*( I am looking for 3/4" bulkheads. I need to screw locline into them. If I take my other tanks down I will have them, but talk about a pain in the butt! I think I will see if I can get them in Seattle while we are over there, or if anyone has any they don't need? =(

Thank you so much NTswift for the offer. I greatly greatly appreciate it. =)

you could get the adapter for them at home depot. Just a thought so you didnt have to wait! :) You're welcome!

Matt

Hey Michael, thank you for recommending McClendons. They said they have them, even though they didn't know what I was talking about. LOL. I tried to explain it to them. I think I might give them a call again today just to be sure. =) Have you seen them there before?

Matt, what kind of adapter would they mean? I need to be able to screw in the 3/4" locline into the bulkhead. I don't think it will fit in a 1 inch. =(

It goes from a 1" down to a 3/4" threaded. Home depot carries them. However if you find a bulkhead that is 3/4" it would look a lot more flush.

Hi everyone. So they are closing them out and did not have enough of them. =( No freshwater test. I can either wait for Barbie to get some in, or just place an order online. Oye madre. =(

So I made an order online, which I should have done a long time ago but I never believed we would actually get the tank up. Oye. It will be a while for them to get here. =( Will update.

One thing I learned from my whole ordeal was take it slow and enjoy the building process. Rush too much and you'll drop a bucket of sand in your tank and crack your dreams! haha Besides things online usually come pretty quick! :)

I would get pretty mad if I did that. =(

So the bulkheads are in, all the plumbing is done! We did a freshwater test and there was only 1 tiny leak and it was from the plug on the sump. We decided to use an eheim 1262 for the cycle, then when we take the 40 down, we will use the reeflo super dart for the return that is running my closed loop on that tank. I will get some pictures up soon! =)

Back