Finally! Gina's (NanoReefer411's) 180+tank upgrade! =)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gina, I think I still have a BTA in my tank. I haven't seen it since I got back in town so I would really have to check. But if I do still have it you are welcome to it. It hasn't been happy in my tank since I got it. Besides I really like the RBTA's anyway! :) It'll give me an excuse to get one. I'll let you know if I can find it.

Matt-That would be awesome! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I would definitely frag you something in return. How big is it?

Quigley-Hi there. =) I cannot remember your name, I'm sorry. =( I do know you picked up some really nice Ricordea! I would love to see your Elos tank someday. Those are extremely nice. =) Post some pictures of your new corals. It was great to meet you as well. Thank you for the compliment. I still do not like the aquascape though. UGH!

Also of note, I woke up this morning and my clowns laid some more eggs. I thought for sure last night that is what they were planning on doing. ;-) They were doing a little dance together. LOL!

I dont really know exactly how big it is because it never fully opened up for me. I am guessing though maybe around 6-8" in diameter?? I looked for it today but not very hard as I was trying to install my blower fan to get the humidity out of my basement. Blew a few fuses, fried some wires and smoked a motor....So it was a long day. :) I will look harder tomorrow though for sure!

I found it today! It is on his own rock however, I have cyano in my tank right now. I think I am going to get some red slime remover and just take care of it that way. If you want to get after that it works for me or before, its up to you! Here it is right in the middle of the picture.

5304757524_4b98a2f313_z.jpg

Quigly-I don't think we do ever like our aquascape. I have switched it 4 times already.

Matt-If it gets off that rock and onto a smaller one let me know! It is a green bta? I don't know if I would try the red slime remover. I was about ready to try it, but read a lot of info on it. It sounded pretty bad. Eventually my skimmer got rid of it.

Yeah its a green BTA. It is a pretty big rock but it comes with a few bonuses on it too! :) What have you heard on the Red Slime Remover? Kevin told me about it and said he used it in his tanks. I havent ever used it but that was the first I have heard of it.

Hi Matt,
I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have been really sad. Last weekend we had to put my baby down, so I have not felt good at all. I don't know when I could come for the anemone. I appreciate you offering it. I'm just so sad.

If Kevin uses the red slime, then it should be fine. If you go to Marine Depot and read the reviews it has nuked a couple of people's tanks. Maybe they did not do it correctly. Just do what Kevin says. He knows.

I'm so sorry to hear that. No worries about getting the anemone. When ever you are ready its here. Again, sorry for your loss.:-(

Hi guys. I will update with some pictures this weekend. I do not have my camera with me at the moment. My boyfriend has it. I got some really nice corals from Aquatic Dreams. Kevin fragged me his Tort and this coral is the bluest coral I have ever seen. It is extremely beautiful! It has polyp extension throughout the day. He cut me a pretty big frag as well. I also picked up an ORA echinata. That is one beautiful coral! I will post some pictures as soon as I can. =)

Someone needs to show me how to use my camera. LOL. Or, I think I need a better one someday.

Miami Hurricane Chalice Tyree and also Bubblegum monster...it is blue though, so I don't know if it really is a bubblegum monster.
Miamihurricane.jpg

Tyree Dino Egg Monti-this guy is really bright and pretty. Grows slow

Dinomonti.jpg

ORA Rose Mille-From Michael
RoseMille.jpg

ORA Ponape Birdsnest from Kevin and Turbinaria from Michael
PonapeBirdsnestTurb.jpg

This Monti is getting huge. I don't know why, but I can never get my Monti's to spiral
Montipora.jpg

Green Slimer from Kevin
greenslimer.jpg

Fishy friends
FishPals.jpg

ORA Echinata from Kevin
Echinata.jpg

Blue Tort from Kevin-now this is sweet! One of my favorite corals

Bluetort.jpg

Tyree Setosa
Setosa.jpg

I will try to get a FTS later. I am really bad at taking pictures. =(

Nice pictures! I love the tort, put me in line for a piece of it someday!:high5:
You still want a purple pocillopora? I said I would give you a piece for free, and now would be the time to get it. I had issues with my large colony, and ended up chopping it into several smaller colonies and tons of frags:frown:. It makes me mad because it was such a big pretty colony, but it had to be done to avoid losing it all, so now there is plenty to go around.

That would be awesome Ben! Thank you for the compliments. Are you going to the meeting Saturday? Kevin said the Tort grows really really slow. I will keep you first in line if it ever is big enough to frag. All of my SPS grow really slow. =(

Last edited:
No I probably won't be able to attend.:doubt: Saturdays are always bad for me, I wish we could switch it up once in a while. But you are more than welcome to stop by any time, or maybe I will have a chance to come see your tank soon. I have reliable transportation now, so it shouldn't be an issue. Just let me know when you have some free time.

Back