Finally started my 20 tall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!
My guess on your micro-bubble problem is that it's coming from your skimmer. That's a Coralife super Skimmer? It should have a bubble trap box that comes with it and you might check on-line for mods to reduce the bubbles as well. Also, those things overflow all the time. Just a matter of time till it pumps water out all over you floor if you're using it in the 'hang-on-the-back' position. Move it inside your sump if you can.

I found the bubble bucket thing and replaced the filters on it with new. I have no other choice when it comes to position. Becuase of my stand its a hand me down middle bar-type thing that I got from my parents and I have already had one overflow. Now that I replaced the bubble trap and choked down the return pump now Im bubble free.Once I find another stand then maybe but I dont know yet.
Thanks for the welcome.

well if t
eres no more bubbles ur good then :) and have u put a cleaner crew in there cause they will help cycle the tank

I have been really deligent about checking and maintaining the water parameters. I am trying not to screw up and kill something. This site has helped more than I expected. I really appreciate everyone on here and I check the water on Sunday and here is what I found.
Amoni= 0
Nitrite= 0
Nitrate=0
Ph= 8.3-8.4
Temp=80.4.
And now Ive started noticeing some alge growing on my rock. I bought a big Red Hermit Crab from Petco but once I got him home I did some research and he's not reef safe and will eat my fish if possible. So when I get a CUC he's gone but for now hes fun to watch. THanks here is some pics

looks like your new tankmates are happy :) do you still have that huge hermit in there, and i like the clown clip lol. Also why dont you move your heater down towards your sump so you dont see it in your display?

Thanks I have been really working hard for this to succeed. I bought the clowns at a LFS and they weren’t a "Pair" but they hang out a lot and I believe that the big one already turned Female. I put the large hermit in the first cavity of my sump. He likes the dark and I don’t have to worry about him attacking any of my other tank mates. I thought about moving the heater but I think I will keep it there for now just easier.

Looks good. Personally i'd pass on the LR in your sump. The chaeto will be best in that area. LR in a sump builds up alot of detrius and can cause trate probs. And chaeto is much cheaper too : )

Those crabs at petco are huge! And mean as can be too.

How do you add cheto with out adding LR? I thought it hung off of it. I am planning some design changes to my sump. I will have to do some looking around to see what I can come up with. Thanks

No, chaeto is just a very dense green viney plant. You just throw a ball of it in your sump, and add a light. Then as it grows you want to trim the outsides of it. It works very well. No LR needed : ) Heck, you don't really need LR period, as you can use dry base rock instead. Saves you some cash. And live sand is the biggest joke in the hobby imo. Sand always becomes live after a month. As long as you seed it.

Here is some more pics of my newest additions to my tank. I got the small white bubble tip and star polyps from a guy that was upgrading and the green zoa's from a LFS in Tulsa and the pink-tipped condi from a LFS in owasso. Here they are.

I had some left over 1" PVC fittings so I blocked up the rock with the BTA so it will get more light. I'll have pics tomorrow.

Thanks, because the guy who drilled my tank had a template to make the whole a little bit lower I dont remember why.

Looks good, but that bta is the most bleached i've ever seen. I would definately watch it closely and i wouldn't try to feed it either. Just leave it be and hope for the best, then in a week or two maybe try feeding it.

I moved the BTA onto a higher rock to get more light and more flow but it moved again and I thought it was going to stay there but now it just seemed to just Disappeared. I cant find him anywhere. I dont know Ive looked everywhere. and Ive tested to make sure he didnt effect my tank or anything and still all good. I just dont know.

Yea, when they are bleached you just need to leave them alone. Higher light is going to stress it even more. If it died your cleaner crew could have ate it up. Hopefully he's just hiding.

I dont know I saw him at about midnight that night and then about 6 am that next morning he was gone. I dont know the last I saw him he was on the side of the rock and was open and swaying in the breeze looking better. I dont know.

Hopefully he's just hiding. I had a sebae i tried to rescue from a petco a couple yrs back and it was dead within 12hrs. Next thing i know is my cleaners had eaten the entire nem in pry two hrs. Nassarius snails devoured it. That was my last nem rescue attempt

Back