First tank build thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tyson256031

Ive never done a build thread for any of my setups, so i thought i would do one for this tank.

It is a custom 120 gallon 3/4in acrylic aqularium, fully reef ready.

Reeflo hammerhead return/recirculation pump
SWC 200 Extreme Skimmer
50 gallon custom acrylic sump
coralife lighting fixture (until i upgrade to LED's)
Apex controller unit
GEO 618 calcium reactor
2 dual media reactors

I will be building the stand and canopy myself as well as doing the DIY LED's for the tank.

As for live stock i will be putting up lists later. But i can for sure say this will a SPS dominant tank.

I know im forgetting some things but i can always add them :) Pics to come soon.

What are the dimensions of your 120, but nice so far wish i had some of those equipment before I started.

The dims are 48"x24"x24", with two built in over flows and drilled for closed loop

here are some pics of the tank more to come soon.

tyson256031

tyson256031

Thanks Nata!!!

just ordered 3 sets of 24 LEDS an heat sinks from rapidled.com and heatsinkusa.com today, cant wait for them to come so i can diy my led units. :D

here are some more pics for you, the starting to my rock wall and the massive skimmer.

tyson256031

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

This site amazes me on how may different ideas ppl have to set their tanks up! I like it. How are you cutting your egg-grate so nice?

im just using a wire cutter and putting the flat side of them to the surface im cutting. It works really well and comes out very smooth.

Hey how you doing buddy?i need to get up that way and get some frags from you for the new tank.

Heres some pics of the rock/foam wall, when the rock and foam are on it, later tonight i will be deflating the foam and adding sand to it with the waterproof epoxy.

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

Some more new pics of the rock wall being finished and covered with sand today:

Plumbing parts should arrive this week from BRS and then its off to PVC town :D

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Your rock wall looks great. I will be tagging along to see how this turns out :)

Just finished up the plumbing and am finishing the stand up this weekend! Will get more pics up tomorrow hopefully of the plumbing.

Back