Fission Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, in the end I decided to return the skimmer, not because it wasn't working but that it sprung a leak around the return pipe. For now I am going skimmerless on my 10 gallon until I can get a nicer skimmer.

Tim

sorry to hear about the skimmer....i am looking into the Octopus hang-on skimmers...i will let you know if i get one..they are pretty cheap..$109 for the regular and $140(i think) for the double skimmer!!

you can find them at Aquariumextreme.com.....Bob @ Aquariumextreme can get the hangon type..they aren't on the website though....i just talked to him a few minutes ago..i think i am going to try one..nobody really has any feedback on them yet..i don't know anyone that owns one!! i am probably going to get one next week and give it a shot..i will give some feedback after it breaks inb and runs for a few weeks!!!

Well, in the end I decided to return the skimmer, not because it wasn't working but that it sprung a leak around the return pipe. For now I am going skimmerless on my 10 gallon until I can get a nicer skimmer.

Tim

i feel so smart now...lol
i've ordered these before and i was lucky to receive ones that didnt leak, that sucks you got a leaker...im glad they let you return it...
they do actually work pretty decent, especially compared to like a sea clone or berlin, or prism, etc...
also, i read that someone on rc owned one of these and he did the gutter guard mod for the nw and it really rocked!
and if you want a nice skimmer for that tank get the new deltec hang on skimmer that will sell for $275, you can see it on the website, but dough hasnt put up the specs yet, but i do know it has 160 lph air sucktion, and that it's a needle wheel of coarse...not bad for the money...start saving now, lol

Last edited:
they do actually work pretty decent, especially compared to like a sea clone or berlin, or prism, etc...

and if you want a nice skimmer for that tank get the new deltec hang on skimmer that will sell for $275, you can see it on the website, but dough hasnt put up the specs yet, but i do know it has 160 lph air sucktion, and that it's a needle wheel of coarse...not bad for the money...start saving now, lol

Yeah it was starting to work too, so other than the leak I had no problems with it. Heck I was willing to forgive a lot for the price, but like you said, it's time to start saving.

Back