Frag Swap.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

you dont have to be a member but its more fun to be a member as u get to join the raffle...
last frag swap i went home with 2 acan frags,i went home early though but if stayed longer i would have won 4 frags:) plus u get a membership card that will give u discounts from our LFS sponsors:)

I have:

A large scribbled rabbit that needs a big home,
Sand sifting star

Purple fungia (small scar from anenome burn)
Green open brain
green torch
3 green with pink tip frog spawn
2 off colored frog spawn
purple pocillopora
green millepora
purple montipora digitata
Purple rhodactis with green rim
and much more

any takers?

I'd be very interested in the rhodactis. Nothing really to trade as it'd going in a newer tank, what do you think you might want for that?

I'll be on the look out for any LPS or zoa/paly that catch my eye, I'm also big into rare monti caps (have orange, green/purple rim, flowerpot and idaho grape already). I also would be interested in an ATO setup.

Here are some of the frags that I will be bringing.

(2) small branching hammer frags that are both splitting into 2 heads (each is a bit bigger than a quarter opened up)

Torch frags: you can either have the entire colony of 6 heads or I can frag it into (2) 2 head frags and (2) single head frags

pastel blue shrooms: I can either get singles on frag plugs (or loose) OR I have a rock I could break off that will have at least 7 on it. Option 3 would be you take the entire rock that they are on which is about the size of my fist and haze a dozen shrooms, yellow goniapora and an unknown zoa on it. I do already have one large shroom on a plug already

2"x3" green flowerpot frag

(2) very small 2 head frags of neon green with brown ring blasto marletti (the smaller blasto) both heads together of each frag are just a tad smaller than my index finger nail

1"x1.5" blue snowflake clove polyps frag w/ a couple yellow palys on it.

(3) "superman" rhodactis mushrooms on a rock: the only reason I give them that name is when they are doin good they do have a light sky blue base to them. Its nothing I would go advertising as that all over but its just to give an idea of what they look like.

Tom

Last edited:
i got a question, i am new to zoas and was wondering exactly how big zoas get in size?

It really depends on the species, origin and if you are talking zoa or paly. A ZOA I wouldn't say got more than 1/4" in diameter. A PALY on the other hand like a paly grandis (cinamon paly) can get to nearly an inch IIRC or some of the other large palys (ppe's, Valentines day massacre, darth maul etc) will get about 1/2"

Tom

well that depends entirely on lighting. if you are running too low of light they will extend and get quite tall(an inch maybe a tad more). if you are burning them they will wont get taller than they can physically go and close up allot. the right amount of light they wont extend but will stay open all the time (during the day). BUT this thread is in reference to the frag swap so lets try to not clutter it up with things not related to that (no offense). If you have any other questions feel free to pm me and I would be happy to lend some advice the best I can.

Tom

I am not a PSAS member but would like to attend the frag swap and potentially bring some acan frags. Logistically how does it work? Are there tanks to house corals that are brought in for sale? Or is each person responsible for bringing something to display their frags?

I am not a PSAS member but would like to attend the frag swap and potentially bring some acan frags. Logistically how does it work? Are there tanks to house corals that are brought in for sale? Or is each person responsible for bringing something to display their frags?

some people will be bringing tanks to display their corals before the swap begins. some folks have shared space in their tanks but for the most part each person is responsible for bringing their own display equipment if you wish to be able to display them in a tank.

Tom

u can post pics of what u will be bringing phil then people whos interested to buy it will pm or tell u here and then u can just bring and give it to whoever's gonna buy it:)

I have rainbow montis to bring to the frag swap and a few other frags. That very expensive monti I got did not make it (came damaged), but I'm suppose to get a replacement this week. I also got 5 different monti frags last week, can't wait 'til they get bigger.
I will bring 1 blue stylo frag, rainbow monti, tubs blue zoas, and more....

rainbow monti
2009-01-Corals_241-1.jpg

rainbow monti, 6 months later
2009-06-30Corals13-1-1.jpg

I would like to get a frag of the rainbow monti if it is still available.

Thanks,

I may be bringing a 20 long for a few of my things and I will have room for some others peoples stuff to keep wet and warm!!L:OL
I also will rig up a GHETTO Actanic light to put over the tank!

I will have one frag of this 1"x1" sunset monti
also bringing KRISFAL a frag of the same
I will be bringing 3-4 1" or soo bright green birsnest
3-4"" green slimmer
and a quad branched acro green don't know name?
I am bringing one superman monti frag for someone???
I can do one other also?if someone is interested
pics are the monti's
Also the NEWLY RELEASED (by me) LE BRICK RED MONTIPORA CAPRICORNIS (not encrusting/ it plates)

Attachments

• 100_7035.jpg
    100_7035.jpg
    42.3 KB
Last edited:
I have a jumbo sized frag of montipora setosa (very nice) for $75, florida riccordia $15 per polyp, blue stag frags (I forget the fancy name for it), $15, and purple haze montipora frags, $20- $30 depending on size.

I have a jumbo sized frag of montipora setosa (very nice) for $75, florida riccordia $15 per polyp, blue stag frags (I forget the fancy name for it), $15, and purple haze montipora frags, $20- $30 depending on size.

Jan could I get one of the smaller Purple haze monti frags please?

Thanks,

Back