Outsideandaquarium018.jpg

015-1.jpg

048.jpg

035.jpg

051.jpg

001.jpg

006-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

looks wonderful frankie. So nice & clean. Can you tell us a little more about your water change system. I have rearranged some things in my system and am in need of a new water change system... your's looks very clean. I'd be very interested in finding out how your's works.

Sure thing,
The RO/DI water go's into the top container via a float switch
Waterchangesystem006.jpg

Then out to the sump to another switch
Waterchangesystem008.jpg

Waterchangesystem010.jpg

For the salt mixing tank I just open this valve to fill the tank
Waterchangesystem007.jpg

I have a mag7 in there turned on only when mixing. From there I just open another ball on the bottom to replace the water I removed from my system.
Waterchangesystem009.jpg

Waterchangesystem013.jpg

Works very good. No lugging water around or buckets anymore. My system needs to get a weekly change out of 5-10%. So the 26 gallon containers work out perfectly and still enough room for when I upgrade to a larger tank.

I have now been one month without the refugium and UV. No adverse affects and the corals are looking more and more healthy by the day. The polyp extension is awesome during the day now and the colors are getting brighter.
I am not dumping any big $ stuff into the tank just yet. Just the basic 4 and have changed over to the RBS. My water parameters have never been this stable and consistent as they are since trying this salt out. I am very pleased with the results. The Mg was dropping a bit in the beginning and instead of buying the zeomag I just used Dolomite in the Ca++ reactor.
Other then that my system is doing wonderful and I picked up a few frags the other day. I needed a rack so I used some scrapes left over from the skimmer build.
97d0f673.jpg

9b677376.jpg

cb8d50e1.jpg

da0f641d.jpg

1a9b3ab6.jpg

fa7df289.jpg

And just a shot of the skimmer working well :D
22f0894e.jpg

Hey Frankie that looks awesome, did you build the frag tank yourself?
If so & here's the catch, can you spot us on how you made the silicone joints so neat! I used tape before but who knows if there can always be a better way!

Thanks Scott, First I silicone the edges and clamped it until dry. Then I scrape and cut out any excess so the only silicone left is between the glass pane edges only. Then tape off for a 1/4" cove, silicone again on the inside, finger it into a cove and pull the tape off right away before it starts to set up. That's it. It takes a bit of practice. I use to repair large tanks in NY for my friends LFS all the time. Some of those tanks were over 30 years old.
I rebuilt my 120 DT also after it got gouged during the move south. The front pane it low iron glass. Last time I use that. Low iron scratches easy and personally I think it's a waist of money.

Nice clean edges!
Thanks for the information, that will come in handy one day!
The last time I replaced a pane of glass it didn't come out so nice!:oops:

Hello everyone,
I finished the frag tank build. Before I get busy fragging I am taking advantage of it and moved all the corals and clams into it. I am going to rebuild the DT. I never have been happy with the scape so I tore it all down. The rock is in the sump. I will be pulling a few fish and doing away with the monti. It is just to big for a 120.
Here are a few shots of the frag tank stuffed.
First, check out this 14' gator I spotted on the way home from work!
001-10.jpg

029-3.jpg

026-2.jpg

024-3.jpg

The clams were not to happy on the egg create so I put them in a bed of zeolites
021-4.jpg

020-5.jpg

Still looking good! Gotta get those beauties in the DT again!!
Gonna keeep an eye on this one for pics!!!
NICE SKIMMER BY THE WAY!!

Sorry guys, I neglected this thread. I have been working on the 120. I took down the huge wood stand and rebuilt the CL. Because all the filtration is out in the garage I decided to simplify life a bit and am going to just have the tank open on an iron stand now. It will be easier to work in and keep clean this way. I am putting two Lumen Bright 400w pendants over it and that will be it for the DT. Here are some pictures of what I have done so far and a few top down shots of the corals. All the fish are in a 55 on my desk here in quarantine due to an ich issue. I am doing Lee's hyposalinity and they are all doing fine.
030-3.jpg

076.jpg

079.jpg

071-1.jpg

065.jpg

028-4.jpg

030-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

047-1.jpg

049.jpg

056-2.jpg