Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No, I wanted to get the AGA 120g. I have no center brace in my 40 and I love it. When I had my 150 the center brace got in my way. I'm short so it used to be really hard for me to reach inside and the back. I'd want to do exactly what you did. If it was for my 40, I wouldn't feel so bad about trying it. Since it's a future 120g tank though, just a little scared.

Here is a few pictures. I took a bunch but my camera skills are not what they should be. I will get better ones this week. Nothing has really changed. I still need to finish the wood work and coat it. I am not adding any more corals until i get my water quality where i need it. I have been having some troubles with the ca++ and nitrates but have gotten it under control. Now i need to wait and then i will get some more stuff. I really need to build a ca++ reactor.
Don't freak out about the rock the acro's are on. I had to nuke that rock last week because there was some unwanted things on it and i decided to kill it completely. I have to say, it worked :D

Boy it sure looks beautiful. =) Is that a favia? I really like the design. What were the unwanted things on the rock? That monti is cool. I like your tank a lot. What do you have for flow again?

A few more. I noticed today that the acro's are not opening up and some cyano on the rock. So i looked in the fuge and saw the skimmer was overflowing:eek: I hope the water changes i did today and new phosban and carbon in the reactors help the situation.

I did a re-scape and cleaned up all the coralline. It looks completely different without the coralline on the back. I always liked the way other tanks looked with it on the back so I was trying to get that look but this is much better.
I also cleaned out the refugium and went bare bottom with it. Cheato anyone?
I had some trouble getting the kalk reactor to work right so i pulled it all aart and its working great now.

I like it when I clean up everything, I sorta like the sterile look because to me it represents clean. I find that good flow works wonders If you have a way to keep Detritus suspended until It can fall into the overflow. I crank up the main pump at times to flush the system, sock on the drain into the sump & in no time things sparkle. I could never accomplish this before, fighting algae always. As far as a sump it is a good place for equipment & collecting detritus but that is basically it for me, clean water = healthy tank IMO. Tank looking nice Frankie!

Man that sure looks like a reef tank:D
Love the pics, your clowns seem to find a nice spot to call home! :)

Back