Friends for Pink spotted Goby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jmcbride

I previously had a thread about my Starry Blenny picking on my pink spotted goby....It wasn't an Ideal situation but I had to move her into a tank by herself as he almost killed her (he literally had her in his mouth tossing her around)..... Shes been alone now for almost a week, Her face was very bitten and swollen and her fins have been nipped very badly, I was in fear that she wasn't gonna make it. She is now very happy "loaner" fish eating well and her face is almost healed. I want to add something else to the tank, however I don't want to have another "fish trauma drama" She is in a 29 gal tank with live rock live sand and a small xenia..........What else would be peaceful with her and other coral? I would obviously be waiting until she is completely healed before adding anything. Will her fins fill out again?

I've always liked rainfordi gobies. Small fish, sift sand a bit, but are swimmers. couldn't hurt a thing. you can google them. There is also one that has 'inverse' color. Not sure what they are called though

Add a pistol shrimp and you'll see a great friendship start. I have a purple psuedo with mine and they've been fine. Clowns do well with them too.

Back