FW planted tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

If anyone out there is keeping a freshwater planted tank and wants to sell/trade/give some of the plant trimmings, let me know. I have a planted tank, but the pickings here in the NW are pretty slim.

I am especially looking for foreground plants live micro swords & glosso...things like that. Also a tiger lotus plant would be awesome.

Anyway...I evidently couldn't spend enough on just the reef so I have this addiction too.

-Reed

Reed,
Drop a line to Kate (Electrokate), she's got some unbelievably beautiful freshwater planted tanks and know a lot about them.

Susie :)

I just noticed this thread. Do you still need plants? I could probably thin a bag or two out of my planted tank. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Barbie

Hi Barbie,
Thanks for the reply. I am looking primarily for foreground plants like micro swords. I would like to cover the bottom front of the tank with some kind of low growing plants. I am also on the lookout for a red tiger lotus, but they are not the easiest to find locally. Probably need to order it online.

Current setup is 4 40W flourecents on a 55 gallon tank. I use Yeast based CO2 injection and fertilize with flourish when needed. So far I am able to keep the normal plants growing well (i.e. swords, hygro, crypts).

If you have something that fits the bil let me know. I'd love to get plants from a fellow aquariast rather than a retailer.

-Reed

Hiya!

I have anubias, java fern, java moss, riccia and some "dwarf sag" that gets about 10" tall. I've not had much luck with microsword, personally, but our water is going to be quite a bit different than yours. You might also try adding flourish excel and iron, on top of the standard flourish. I'll see if I can send them over with my stepdaughter when she comes to visit, but otherwise I'll send them USPS and they should get there just fine. The tiger lotus will probably need to be ordered, yes. I had one, but it just recently decided it was time to go dormant :).

Barbie

Back