Getting rid of flat worms....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Don't velvet nudibranch only eat flatworms?

Yes, but try to find one. I called several stores and they told me that they haven't been able to get one for over year. I got a Melanurus Wrasse and he has taken care of the problem. He wiped them out in about 3 or 4 days.

Yes, but try to find one. I called several stores and they told me that they haven't been able to get one for over year. I got a Melanurus Wrasse and he has taken care of the problem. He wiped them out in about 3 or 4 days.

You must have one of those rare Melanurus Wrasses that only eat flat worms, quick before it dies of starvation pass it along to the next person! I swear it is in the best interest of the fish! For the great good right....!!!

;)

From what I can tell so far I only have little red planaria which I'v been able to keep on top of with siphoning them out. I don't have the flat worms that are easily spotted in The Fish Store and the ones I do have are very small and stay on the glass. Strangely enough I'v yet to see them on the rocks.

If it gets out of control I'll consider the wrasse or using flatworm-exit. Note to self, use multiple dips!

You must have one of those rare Melanurus Wrasses that only eat flat worms, quick before it dies of starvation pass it along to the next person! I swear it is in the best interest of the fish! For the great good right....!!!

;)

From what I can tell so far I only have little red planaria which I'v been able to keep on top of with siphoning them out. I don't have the flat worms that are easily spotted in The Fish Store and the ones I do have are very small and stay on the glass. Strangely enough I'v yet to see them on the rocks.

If it gets out of control I'll consider the wrasse or using flatworm-exit. Note to self, use multiple dips!

With the way he eats when I feed the fish, he is not going to starve, he is a pig. He spends the rest of the day picking at the rocks. Since he was $45.00, I don't think I will pass him along. I started off with a few, I was siphoning them out and then it did get out of control. I had a yellow coris wrasse and he seem to keep them in check, but I still saw some. That wrasse disappeared and I couldn't find him, I later found him dried up behind the tank. So the Melanurus has taken his place and he has cleaned up the flatworm problem. By the way, I have dipped evry coral in the tank in coral dip, but I should have dipped them in Flatworm exit at the same time. Regular coral dip won't kill them I found out. I like the wrasse, better than putting chemicals in my tank.

I'll have to keep my eye out for a wrasse. I was just joking around when I said to pass him to the next person.

Out of curiosity, the term flat worm is pretty vague when it comes to talking about a specific type. Did you have the little red planaria or the slightly larger flatworms that cover coral and live rock. I saw a few pretty badly infested tanks at The Fish Store and the type of flat worms they have and what I have looked completely different.

I'll have to keep my eye out for a wrasse. I was just joking around when I said to pass him to the next person.

Out of curiosity, the term flat worm is pretty vague when it comes to talking about a specific type. Did you have the little red planaria or the slightly larger flatworms that cover coral and live rock. I saw a few pretty badly infested tanks at The Fish Store and the type of flat worms they have and what I have looked completely different.

They were the small red planaria type of flatworm. They were all over my mushrooms, duncans, crown leather and there were a bunch in the rocks. I put in that wrasse that I got from OBD at their barbeque and he started getting chased by my McCoskers Wrasse. I put a mirror on the glasss to give the McCoskers someone else to worry about. It worked, after I removed the mirror it seemed to settle him down and he doesn't bother the Melanurus anymore. The Melanurus went to work and just started devouring those little guys. Doesn't fill him up becausse he is right there in the front row at feeding time.

I'll have to keep my eye out for one, they sure look like a sweet fish! I read that Barrier reef got some in and I might go check them out.

I'll have to keep my eye out for one, they sure look like a sweet fish! I read that Barrier reef got some in and I might go check them out.

Barrier said that they were suppose to get some in this week, I think Oceans By Design sold out of there's, but they might have gotten more. You might check with Rob a Red C in North Seattle/ Shorewood since you live up that way.

Red C has been my first stop just haven't had time to go and see what is in. When college starts I like to swing by since it's on my way back home. Nothing like winding down at a fish store after a physics lab!

Back