Getting The Ocean Home

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YupYup. .. Its the only one I could afford right now. . . But once I get funds I will build a sump and add a nicer one. The tanks a little much for that little guy but with no fish in it, she is pulling stuff out. :lol:

I'd second that opinion. I would have thrown a piece of shrimp in there first. Keep and eye on that fish and if it gets into trouble get it back to the LFS. Patience is key, particularly on a new tank.

Mike

Yah, diffidently stick with just the damsel for now. You want to do a lot of reading and make sure you have everything you need the over the next few months well it is cycling.
Good luck

-augustus

FYI: if you post the IMG link instead, the pic will show on your post. See
P1040698.jpg

Hope you're planning on adding A LOT more live rock.

^^^^^^^ What he said. You NEED an a## load more live rock. Live rock IS PART OF THE FILTRATION in your system. It was set up for two days before you put a fish in?
SLOW down a read............

Calm down people. . . I have 75 more pounds curing so that will be 100 lbs of live rock in a 72. I have a hang on back filter which is creating surface movement for oxygen. . . I appreciate all the help. I have three plus books that I have read and I know there is more to read.

All my numbers are zero:
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

If you don't mind to share some of your experience. I am very curious about the Eshopps skimmer's usability and noisiness ( I am currently using a mesh mod CSS125). Curious about its performance too, but, of course once you have your tank going. =]

BTW, good looking stand you got there.

Calm down people. . . I have 75 more pounds curing so that will be 100 lbs of live rock in a 72. I have a hang on back filter which is creating surface movement for oxygen. . . I appreciate all the help. I have three plus books that I have read and I know there is more to read.

All my numbers are zero:
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

Dude, your numbers are zero because your tank isn't old enough to have generated Ammonia, therefore, there are no Nitrites in the tank either. I've read several of your threads and have told you the same thing in each. Slow down! You WILL kill your fish if you put them in too soon. When you do I don't want to see a post asking us to tell you what happened. We already are telling you that you're going too fast.

Mike

All my numbers are zero:
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

Why don't you cure the rock in the tank? Your tank hasn't even got close to cycling so you are going to actually want the ammonia that comes off the decayed contents of live rock. Also, what test kit are you using? If it API (assuming so) those numbers are for the most part meaningless. I can't tell you how many times API told me my tank was fine only to borrow somebody else test kit and nitrates were 60+. Check out Elos or Salifert for the future.

-augustus

If you don't mind to share some of your experience. I am very curious about the Eshopps skimmer's usability and noisiness ( I am currently using a mesh mod CSS125). Curious about its performance too, but, of course once you have your tank going. =]

BTW, good looking stand you got there.

Thanks for a positive reply. . . I like the skimmer, nice construction and fit. Solid material. Kinda needs help getting primed but once it is, it operates smoothly. Like I said I have no bioload. But it still pulls some junk out. It needs proper adjustment of water level though (kinda pain). A bit noisy with vibrations when it rests on the tank but I fixed that by temporarily putting a sock behind to dampen the vibrations.

Why don't you cure the rock in the tank? Your tank hasn't even got close to cycling so you are going to actually want the ammonia that comes off the decayed contents of live rock. Also, what test kit are you using? If it API (assuming so) those numbers are for the most part meaningless. I can't tell you how many times API told me my tank was fine only to borrow somebody else test kit and nitrates were 60+. Check out Elos or Salifert for the future.

-augustus

Thanks. . . I will look into that.

Back