Ghetto Reef: ~14 months

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Some of you will remember this tank, so I thought I would give an update. I have been fighting some problems over the last three months, but things are slowly recovering. After treating for redbugs I ran into some nasty phosephates (as expected). Then there was the phos* media causing bleaching... and my ro unit needed new filters... and another XM DE bulb dying off on me. So... after lots of water changes, new bulbs and new filter cartridges, things are starting to recover. Color is coming back as well as growth, however, there are still some lingering signs of the bleaching...

Anyway, on with the pictures.

whole.jpg

right2.jpg

left.jpg

-Erik

I don't think you can call that the Ghetto tank anymore...the neighborhood is getting too nice for that title. Looks great man! I really like that table. The blue rim clam is sweet too.

Keep it going!

-Reed

Looks great to me Erik. That pink milli has definately grown quite a bit! The table is real nice too.

I really like the table :) . Tank is looking great! Good to see you, too!

Many thanks guys. It is amazing what time and a little less slacking off will do, eh ;) ?

-Erik

Last edited:
I thought you died man. Good to see you on the boards again. I also love the table, and the ric's look pretty sweet as well. What problems did you run into with phos-binders and bleaching? I am currently battling some nuisance algae and have planned on running some phos for a couple of weeks.

Mat

Updates

A month later:

Left side
left5-15.jpg

Right Side
right5-15.jpg

Right Sidelong view
Rsideview5-15.jpg

Left Sidelong view
Lsideview5-15.jpg

The roomers that I died or was in prison were not completely true ; P still out here, reefing in seclusion.

-Erik

Steve,
It all stems out of a long running joke about the equipment setup. If you saw my carabineers holding up the lights and the tubes and wires all over my fish room you would know why it was called that. Also, initially, it was put together manly out of donated and old parts I scrapped together. It was supposed to be my frag growout, but turned into a little nano sps tank. Many thanks on the compliments. I am working on getting uptown together.

-Erik

Nice looking tank there Eric...I treated my tank last night for the red bugs (thank you), so hopefully you'll be willing to trade me some of those beautiful corals when you're ready to start fragging ;).

Eliyah

Excellent Eliyah, always happy to help eliminate bugs. I would be glad to trade in a while now that I know you dont have reef-t-d's ; )

-Erik

Back