Going on vacation, will anyone offer to dose and feed our tanks?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

:help::help::help:

July 1st through the 8th we will be on vacation to the Oregon coast. We are looking for someone with reef experience to come dose and feed our tanks while we are gone. It would require two stops a day. One in the morning to dose Ca solution and one in the evening to dose Alk solution and feed. We have three reef tanks (70gal, 65gal and 34gal) as well as 2 FW tanks (29gal & 5gal) that could probably go with nothing for the week but all this really doesn't take but a few minutes. The longest is may 5 minutes waiting for the frozen food to thaw under the lights in the evening. The skimmers will hold well over a weeks worth of gunk and all the tanks are set up with ATO's so it's really only the dosing and feeding that is still manual. We would ask family members but they know nothing about these tanks and last time we did that we came home to a major algae bloom even though we had week long pill containers with the food portioned into each day. Anyone willing to help out. Of course we would reciprocate if the need ever arises.

Perhaps not at all what you are looking for but I'm paying someone and the cost isn't that bad. I'm gone for 2 weeks and I'm paying 300 bucks.

eww. Where in Puyallup do you live? I am taking vacation off work that entire month and the only day I couldn't make it would be the 8th.

Eric, I would be more than happy to help out near the end of the week. I will be at the race track in Monroe untill the 3rd. Let me know if you need me to pick up the slack for someone.
Call me.

Thanks everyone for the replies and the PM's. I think we have it handled by a few of the above posters and even have a couple of back ups just in case something "pops" up :D. We really appreciate everything everyone in this hobby does for one another. If anyone in the area needs the same from us we are always ready willing and able.

I am planning to swap out my tank July 5th about 4am. You suppose you could swing by and hold the end of my siphon hose???
LOL LOL.
Have a good Vacation. All of the problems you are running away from will be bigger when you get back.
Enjoy your time with your family.

Thanks Dave. I called you earlier but you must have been making some more sawdust or something. I am counting on all those problems getting bigger cause that means they get more expensive for me to fix them for them. :D Unfortunately I don't get to get away from my job, even on vacation. The laptop and cell phone travel with me and I still have to pay attention to them. Tha'ts the price I pay for having a job where it is pretty much my time all the time, no boss watching over my shoulder wondering what I am doing every minute of every day. Heck if I can answer a phone call or an email on my phone while I am at the beach then I am working. Technology has made some freedoms much better yet have taken away some of the truly free time we used to have.

I am planning to swap out my tank July 5th about 4am. You suppose you could swing by and hold the end of my siphon hose???
LOL LOL.

Oh and BTW... If you give us a long enough hose to reach Cannon Beach from your place I would be happy to hold my end in the ocean for you so you can get some fresh all natural sea water from the Oregon coast. I just hope you have the lungs to get the siphon started.

There is no law that says you have to take that phone or laptop with you. I do understand you stay on top of your livelihood. I suppose that it will help keep any problems from getting out of hand. It would be much better to deal with work a few times a day while you are gone than have the stress and triple the work load when you return.
I hope the weather gets better for your week down south. It would drive me crazy if I had to be enjoy the coastal view from the wrong side of a window.

Back