Going to sell these and redo my whole setup! Lesson for all new reefers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pablo Mithels

After much deliberation I have "almost" decided to sell everything in my "20G"tank and start over. I initially bought LR and then set my system up, which meant rushing building DT, including rush sump and DIY scrubber.

Everything is growing well but I do not like the look so I am going to DO_OVER.

If I had done this "WITH PATIENCE" in the beginning this would not have happened.
I just wanted to share some pics , thanks for looking

Flickr: Tortmenow's Photostream

What dont you like???

Looks like a good tank to me. Just need some time to let the corals grow.

You can tweak as you go, I dont think you need to start completely over...

Firstly I made the overflow inside the DT which is annoying me, the tank is acrylic, I can have it in the back. secondly, my scrubber is a 10 gallon tank laying sideways on my sump, only one side works really well. And I have to move the location of where the system is, so I figured to do all in one.
ps, the pictures on flickr do not show all the corals or the goby/shrimp pair.

Good luck with the new setup Paul!! You have my number and as I mentioned, call anytime you need to chat or get some feedback especially on the new setup! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pablo, Its OK to have at least one do over. I have said this before to many people. "You really dont know what you want in an aquarium untill you have had one up and running. I am on my 4th build. and Im not sure it is what I want out of my aquarium system.
Of course we will need documentation and pics
Good luck. Whats Your Plan?

Peppie

I concur with that completely. I am on my 4th or 5th tank now...and probably going to be on number 6 because I STILL haven't gotten what I want.

More importantly don't forget to call "DO OVER!" as you re-start.

Last edited:
I will 3rd it. I started with a 90 gal, went to a 75 gal, then to a 38 gal, then to a 24 gal Aquapod, then a 10 gal (which never got water, but was all setup on the stand ready to go) and now, just waiting on the next idea! I think I just like to mess with crap because I get bored, but who knows. Some of these tanks, I modified the hell out of them always changing up something so don't feel bad about changing things up. When I get pissed that I can't figure it out, I put on my goggles and hit the reefs and call it a day :p

Back