Got My CIty Water Test Report. Is This Bad?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

billaweed

Stumped Irishman
So I'm sick and tired of having to make the run into town to get top off water and water for WC's, so I made my way to the city hall and requested a copy of their test report. The way they did the tests was from 12 different peoples houses. All reports came back different. The only thing I was looking for was Chlorine and Copper. There was no chlorine in the water, and the public works manager says they dose chlorine once in April and once in August and its usually out of the water 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. But the reports came back that all tests had "some" levels of Copper (Copper is measured in Milligrams per Liter (mg/L)). The highest amount was 0.703 mg/l and that was a house built in the 40's and has copper piping. PRetty much the newer the house, the less copper. So I'm going to go ahead and test mine and if it comes back lower that 0.300 mg/l I'm going to dose it with a tap water conditioner w/heavy metal deactivator and use it.

water

Don't you use rodi water? It would be a good investment to get one if you don't have one. Rodi system was one of the first pieces of equipment I bought. Knowing how important they are for marine life I have a spectrapure unit you can have just needs new filters and maybe one canister last time I used it water was at .025

Don't you use rodi water? It would be a good investment to get one if you don't have one. Rodi system was one of the first pieces of equipment I bought. Knowing how important they are for marine life I have a spectrapure unit you can have just needs new filters and maybe one canister last time I used it water was at .025

I'll take it.. How much do the replacement filters cost.

Also, I had one when I first set my tank up but it actually broke.

Right now I use Culligan water.

I got a RO filter off ebay (Water general MFG.) for around $120.

12 months later and maybe a thousand gallons made....still reads 0PPM. Haven't replaced any parts of it yet.

Filter Guys and Purely H20 both have great systems and good prices. I would totally get one!! Pays for itself and you will be able to tell a huge difference!

Back