• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grand Opening Sale!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Here we go! I know we've been open a while now, but its finally time to have our Grand Opening Sale. We used our first sale to learn how this space would work for an even bigger event. We've come up with some ideas to help make this sale even better.

Here's what we have planned so far:

Livestock Discounts friday September 28th. Hours 10am-7pm.

On Saturday and Sunday (29th/30th) we will continue the sale with manufacturers reps and all discounts (including livestock) applicable. 9am-7pm saturday and 10am-6pm sunday. We will be bringing in more livestock saturday.

We are setting up a big event tent and tables in the parking lot to house reps from, Sunlight Supply, Jason @ CFI, Adelaide w/ Essential Live Feeds, and possibly others. We will have a table displaying Euro-Reef's new sumps and calcium reactors as well as their skimmers. We will also have a bunch of used equipment for sale as well.

1. Euro-Reef will be displaying their new sumps, calcium reactors, possibly their tanks, and of course their protein skimmers. Everything will be discounted at least 20%.
2. Sunlight Supply will be here to answer questions and display some of their products including T-5 lighting.
3. Adelaide will have Ocean Pods and possibly some new live food options.
4. Jason with CFI will be here to quote discounted prices on acrylic tanks made to order. I think he will also be bringing a couple smaller tanks or systems and some sumps.
5. We will be raffling off the Elos System 70 ($3000 Italian Imported Reef System) Tickets are $20 each. Proceeds benefit the Puget Sound Aquarium Society and one other local charity TBD. Only 500 tickets will be sold. If you want to buy your tickets now you can do so through our website: http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/...&idproduct=288
6. One free raffle ticket per person, PER DAY, for a general raffle. Donations include Barrier Reef Gift Certificates, Elos Purist Line and Test Kits, Euro-Reef Protein Skimmer, Oceanic BioCube 8 Nano Tank, Seachem Products, Ocean Nutrition Products, Ocean Pods, any 2 coralvue halide bulbs and many more items to be confirmed over the next few weeks. Additional tickets will be available for $2 each or 6 for $10.
7. Used equipment/tank blowout.
8. Incredible Livestock Door Busters. Pre-paid rainchecks will be offered if we run out. (i.e. Sailfin Tangs 9.99, Fox Face Rabbits 9.99, Green Chromis 99cents)
9. Specials on metal halide, vho, t-5 light bulbs.
10. 30% off fish and corals.
11. Specials on ESU and Current PC and Metal Halide Light Hoods.
12. Instant Ocean Salt Buckets $29.99
13. Elos Consumables 25% off.
14. 20% off Koralia Pumps.
15. Oceanic and All-Glass Tanks 10% over cost (orders only).

More specials and discounts to be announced. We are expecting orders from Fiji, Jakarta, Hawaii, Bali, Handpicked LA Wholesale, and ORA. We will also be bringing in more frags from our farm and our other growers.
We hope everyone can make it!!

Last edited:
Ooooh. I'm gonna start saving! Will you guys have cherubs in by then?
P.S Are you the one I talked to about them? You guys should have a thread that shows screen names with faces.

I should have Cherubs by then. Nope it wasn't me but we are working on a "meet the crew" page for the website which will have screen names, pictures, etc.

This sale is a great opportunity for anyone looking to put a nice filtration system on their tank. With deals on Euro-Reef sumps and skimmers, AGA Sumps, and CFI Sumps you can upgrade to the best for less. Let us know ahead of time and we can get you sale pricing quotes and make sure the equipment you want is here.

Last edited:
Are the raffle ticket drawings on Friday only? All day or at a certain time? Will that be when the Elos tank is raffled?

I bought my raffle ticket awhile back and have been waiting for this sale!

Are the raffle ticket drawings on Friday only? All day or at a certain time? Will that be when the Elos tank is raffled?

I bought my raffle ticket awhile back and have been waiting for this sale!

Edited original post to eliminate confusion. I was just trying to make the point that the free raffle tickets for the general raffle were also being given out on friday. Raffle tickets for the Elos raffle and general raffle will be sold/given out all three days. The raffle drawings will be held at closing on Sunday. You do not have too be present to win. We will contact all winners who are not present. We are just trying to keep friday a little streamlined by only offering raffle services and livestock discounts.

good gracious -- you are making it extremely hard for me not to come out of my cave in Snohomish.. so... hey, I'll be there. Thank you in advance for arranging all of this extremely cool stuff. I can tell just by reading the first post that you guys have put in a ton of hard work to get this all organized. Sounds like it'll be a great event.

Will there be snow cones and a bouncy house too?:D (JK) sheesh, it sounds like you've thought of everything else.

Yes...the sale is basically saturday and sunday. We are allowing the livestock discounts to take place on friday as well so that some of you who want to avoid the crowd and are just looking for livestock deals can come out early. This will also free us up a little to devote some time to those of you who may need more help with equipment or custom aquarium purchases. In anticipation of lots of livestock selling friday we are going to bring in more stuff on saturday or sunday depending on how things go.

Last edited:
Cy,

I'm obviously a little far away from you to make your grand opening. However, I wanted to wish you a highly successful weekend from afar!!!!

Ben,

If you want to carpool with me let me know. I plan on going come heck or high water.

And to think I get my bonus check on Sept 14th...oh my, what great timing.
:):):)

Cy,

Do you plan on having any Copperband Butterfly and Blonde Naso Tang (from Hawaii) for the sale??

Sno-cones are a novel idea...you guys should consider ;)

As busy as we are going to be...someone would have too volunteer to man the machine:D Besides, with the weather we're having it'll probably snow. Ahhh then we could just add flavor...

Thanks Curt! Hope things are going well at the shop.

I should have Copperbands and Blonde Naso Tangs from Hawaii but obviously I'm at the mercy of my suppliers.

wolfgang puck and emeril will be there to cook seafood hors d'oeuvres as well!!
right on cy and tim!!

.....yeah right:)
we will probably have pickle on a stick and some hippie chicks making grill cheeze sandwiches...it'll be like the parking lot before a greatful dead show.:)

Last edited:
Cy,

One last question, will the Sunlight Supply reps have Tek2 Ready Kits 2x39w for sale. Since I am acquiring more corals, I am in the market for some T5 lighting to be used for actincs.

thanks
kirk

I'm not exactly sure what these reps are bringing but feel free (anyone) to send me lists of what you are looking for and I can have them bring it and we will get you a sale price.

I can't believe I'm going to be gone for this! I have to talk about frogfishes the 28-30 :\

Back