Great Conference!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dnjan

alveopora
Thanks, guys, for putting on such a great conference! Enjoyed the talks, enjoyed the tank tour, and enjoyed talking to a lot of great people. Only negative from the whole weekend is that the food was too good, and I ate too much! :)

I have to agree, thank you so much! Jenny and I had a blast and really enjoyed getting to see everyone's tanks and livestock. Feeling like a winner with the raffle didn't hurt much either! Now if only Nacho hadn't crowded in the ticket line! :p Congrats on that pump again Nacho! I guess it's a good thing that if we can't win them all, you nailed that one!

I uploaded a few of the pictures I took this weekend Here. If anyone wants to point out which tank was which (I really SHOULD have thought to take notes!) I'll properly credit the owners! I have a feeling there will be more than a few pictures posted from the weekend in the days ahead ;). I've got the large file size pics saved if any of the owners want the large version, also.

I think this one was my favorite.

normal_anthias.jpg

Barbie

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in and say how much fun that we had. I for one am looking forward to coming back again next year. I also have a few pictues but I have not had a chance to get them posted yet. Hopefully later on tonight I will be able to.

Thanks Again

Kim Gross

Barbie said:
I have to agree, thank you so much! Jenny and I had a blast and really enjoyed getting to see everyone's tanks and livestock. Feeling like a winner with the raffle didn't hurt much either! Now if only Nacho hadn't crowded in the ticket line! :p Congrats on that pump again Nacho! I guess it's a good thing that if we can't win them all, you nailed that one!

I uploaded a few of the pictures I took this weekend Here. If anyone wants to point out which tank was which (I really SHOULD have thought to take notes!) I'll properly credit the owners! I have a feeling there will be more than a few pictures posted from the weekend in the days ahead ;). I've got the large file size pics saved if any of the owners want the large version, also.

I think this one was my favorite.

normal_anthias.jpg

Barbie

Hi Barbie

This one and three others is from my tank. Thanks :) :)

Zul

Last edited:
Thanks Zul! I thought the two pictures of the tangs were from your tank! I also got a nice full tank shot or two I could probably email you the files for, if you were interested? Feel free to pm me the address :).

Barbie

Just wanted to let people know that I have started uploading all of the pics that I took. They are in my gallery at

www.jensalt.com/gallery

Just go the MCMAS tour pics and then to the persons tank. Now I have not edited any of these or even really looked at them so some could be pretty bad.....

Kim

Even though Barbie already spoke for me, I'll say that I had a lot of fun! The speakers had wonderful information and experience to share. I enjoyed talking to everyone and seeing the tanks. I am, however, certain I am too old to stay up that late. Next year, there's a hotel in my future.

--jenny

Barbie said:
Thanks Zul! I thought the two pictures of the tangs were from your tank! I also got a nice full tank shot or two I could probably email you the files for, if you were interested? Feel free to pm me the address :).

Barbie

Barbie,

I am interested in getting more pictures. Sent PM. Thanks :)

Zul

Zul, did you look at your pictures on my web site. I didn't get much of the fish but I got a few nice closeups of some of the corals.

Kim

kgross said:
Zul, did you look at your pictures on my web site. I didn't get much of the fish but I got a few nice closeups of some of the corals.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Yes, I did see them. I guess the group of people scared them into hiding. Thanks :)

Zul

Last edited:
I wanted to say thanks for positive feedback. Did everyones corals and clams make it home safe this time? Did you get enough to eat? Did you meet some people you chated with on internet? I will bet you I can remember most of your names. Its my belief when someone treats you fantastic you remember them.
Wishing you guys the best, You all Rock in my Book!
Sincerely,
Ed Hahn :)

I still think Nacho looks a little guilty in that last picture of yours, Ed. Probably from having "fixed" the raffle so he could win that pump!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,
I am hoping to learn how you think it was fixed. I consider you a friend and want to learn.

Here is my oppinion..

Nacho is as honest as they come. He asked me to take picture of him.

I am not sure who drew names out of cups, I was running my mouth. Maybe next year we can vote on someone to draw tickets. I do believe we have some very honest people in group. If I did not I would not invite them into my home. I did hear that people bought tickets and did not put them into raffle, they had them in their pockets until after the raffle. I hope that everyone walked away feeling like they were treated equally. If not , let us know how to improve.. I think we all are one group and I definitely enjoyed your company.
Sincerely,
Ed :)

Of course you have honost people. I didn't intend to imply otherwise. I just wanted to harass Nacho a bit.

Since he won that nice pump, I assume he is planning a new tank to utilize it.
I will be looking forward to pictures of his new tank!

My only suggestion for improving the conference next year is to add a second swamp fan for us "shade-siders" of the state.

You know.....I owe you a appoligy...thats twice I miss interpeted a message within the month.. I got egg all over my face..

dnjan said:
Of course you have honost people. I didn't intend to imply otherwise. I just wanted to harass Nacho a bit.

Since he won that nice pump, I assume he is planning a new tank to utilize it.
I will be looking forward to pictures of his new tank!

My only suggestion for improving the conference next year is to add a second swamp fan for us "shade-siders" of the state.

Nacho,
bought the skimmer I won also. So I am sure hes lurking somewhere around here.
;) Ed

Ed Hahn said:
You know.....I owe you a appoligy...thats twice I miss interpeted a message within the month.. I got egg all over my face..
I need to do a better job of adding smileys :)

Wow great pics everyone thanks for posting. Been awhile since I have been down this far on the site. I still smile when i think of the great time I had and the awesome people I met. I can't wait for next year's meeting it is going to be bigger (I hope) and better than ever before! :)

Still waiting to see pictures of what Nacho has done with that new pump ...

Or is he building a big jacuzzi for next summer's conference?

Back