Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OmarD

Looking to make your own food?

Check this out...
"Pacific Marina Brand" Gourmet Seafood Mix

Shrimp, Squid, Mussels, Octpus, Crab Sticks
Price $2.25 (net wt. 14 oz's)

Add a little nori...put in blender/grinder --- freeze results and use as needed.

I am certain my fish will be happy with this!

What is nori? I think he may have bought it at Wal-mart. I have seen it there. Also i have seen it fresh at Albertsons in there Meat department and you can just buy how much u want.

What is nori? I think he may have bought it at Wal-mart. I have seen it there. Also i have seen it fresh at Albertsons in there Meat department and you can just buy how much u want.

"Nori" is seaweed used for making sushi - fish love it.

Available in any large supermarket.

I love that mix. Also throw in some Coral frenzy (dry cyclops) and some other high HUFA foods. Grind it rough for the carnavores, grind it very smooth as a coral food. Works awesome.

I love that mix. Also throw in some Coral frenzy (dry cyclops) and some other high HUFA foods. Grind it rough for the carnavores, grind it very smooth as a coral food. Works awesome.

I'd be careful with that stuff. Ive got a friend that works at their plant. After the stories Ive heard I dont think I'd eat it myself much less put it in my tank.:)

Don

I'd be careful with that stuff. Ive got a friend that works at their plant. After the stories Ive heard I dont think I'd eat it myself much less put it in my tank.:)

Don

Hmmmm, if stories like that bother you, you need to become a vegetarian. Am sure much the same, and probably worse, goes on in any slaughter house or any food processing plant for that matter.

I am feeding to my fish, and will eat it myself. We will all die happy I guess.

:D

Hmmmm, if stories like that bother you, you need to become a vegetarian. Am sure much the same, and probably worse, goes on in any slaughter house or any food processing plant for that matter.

I am feeding to my fish, and will eat it myself. We will all die happy I guess.

:D

Its the the typicle childish bs that goes on. Its more the chemicals, deoderizers and firming agents that are sprayed on the the stuff.

Don

You have any evidence of this or just something from a disgruntled employee? If so, I will be dumping mine into the flower garden...

Ive seen the plant and the chemical sprayers. It also well known that seafood is sprayed with all sorts of different presevitives so it will hold its shelf life. This is nothing new I just never realized to what extent the stuff is used and why. Its fine for human consumption but I wouldnt want it in my tank by any means.

Don

Down here we don't even eat seafood unless it is fresh, still kicking but I know seafood is preserved heavily to stay fresh longer then shipped to the supermarkets, If you can get fresh, it is better IMO.

Whats a consumer to do! Next you will be telling me they put preservatives and chemicals in wholesome foods like Twinkies, Cheeto puffs, Pork rinds and Easter peeps!

Whats a consumer to do! Next you will be telling me they put preservatives and chemicals in wholesome foods like Twinkies, Cheeto puffs, Pork rinds and Easter peeps!

Easter peeps are phosphate free and fine for all marine animals. Porks rinds should not be eaten by anyone or anything, they make great insulation. Twinkies will be the only food source after the next world war so I guess they are fine.

Don

Mike ever wonder about all that chlorine used for municipal purposes like supplying cities with drinking water, also fluoride added in most places, & even ammonia. Yea it is considered safe, small amounts really but after 20 or more years think it still would be safe & not ever do any harm, same with foods?

Back