Great food mix!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike ever wonder about all that chlorine used for municipal purposes like supplying cities with drinking water, also fluoride added in most places, & even ammonia. Yea it is considered safe, small amounts really but after 20 or more years think it still would be safe & not ever do any harm, same with foods?

Not as worried about municipal water additives making their way into the frozen foods, as much as nasty treatments in measurable concentrations. Thanks for the heads up guys, will stick with raw ingredients from Whole Foods and quit trying to be lazy.

yea raw food is the best to do it and sometimes u can add live clams in it and freeze them then blend it and make it in to flakes if u have a fish taht eats clams.

Whats a consumer to do! Next you will be telling me they put preservatives and chemicals in wholesome foods like Twinkies, Cheeto puffs, Pork rinds and Easter peeps!

LOL! Thats just silly, everyone knows Easter Peeps are made fresh bi-yearly...

Seriously though, if we had a nuclear war the only things that would be left are roaches, twinkies and peeps...enough said.

Not as worried about municipal water additives making their way into the frozen foods, as much as nasty treatments in measurable concentrations. Thanks for the heads up guys, will stick with raw ingredients from Whole Foods and quit trying to be lazy.

I went into the freezer at the LFS, went through about 15 different packs of frozen foods. I found one that I really liked so I purchased it, then came here & posted every ingredients in Lee's forum, asked what was his thoughts, got thumbs up so I'm sorta sticking to that along with whatever I make.

Back