Great new book heads up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Hey I just wanted to give a heads up on a new book a good friend of mine has "At Last" completed. I think it will be available pretty soon ( I see if I can get Tony to stop by). Anyway the book is great for those planning a new tank and it doesnt matter if your brand new to the hobby or a seasoned vet. Tony (Vargas) details the construction build of a variety of tanks from a 25 gallon nano to Sanjays 500 gallon to Joes 20000 gallon reef tank. Just great stuff, he also goes through all the conciderations you should think about when designing a tank which is as good as gold. The last section of the book is pictures of setups of tanks from around the World, Really neat to see the differences in setup from different parts of the world!!

In 25 years in this hobby I have never recommended a book before, but this one is a great one for the hobbist. Even though he is a freind of Boomer:love:, I still like Tony and he has done a great job. ANyway take a peek at it if you see it.

Coral_Reef_Aquarium_CoverLR2-1000.jpg

mojo

Hey Mike, thanks and I'll definitely be adding it to my Library. It was already a great series and agrea that Tony's addition will be well received. Any chance you could pull some strings to get a Reef Frontiers Group Buy on these ??????????

Cheers, Todd

Always with the pot-shots Mojo. I may have to cut back on your beers at MACNA :lol: I :love: you too. But I still need a Mojo :painkiller: to make it through the day. I've got some more stuff on that book and will dig it up and post it.

LOL Boomer i only hurt the ones I love!!

Todd I am going to be hanging out with the boomer and Tony at Macna, maybe I can talk Tony into signing a few copies for RF members? I will shoot Tony a email and get him to drop by. If folks want to pick up this book let me know and I will try to pick them up at Macna.

Mojo

Here is a copy of the table of contents

Table of Content
Introduction Chapter One - Factors & Considerations (Obstacles that require consideration before the purchase of a reef aquarium) Chapter Two - The Decision Process (All of the equipment used and their purpose)
Chapter Three - The Fundamentals (parameters required for a successful reef aquarium)
Chapter Four - Maintenance (proper husbandry practice)
Chapter Five - Acclimation & Quarantine
Chapter Six - 25-Gallon Nano Reef System (complete Nano build-up from start to finish)
Chapter Seven - 90-Gallon Reef System (complete 90-Gallon build-up from start to finish)
Chapter Eight - 180-Gallon Reef System (complete 180-Gallon build-up from start to finish)
Chapter Nine - 500-Gallon Reef System (complete 500-Gallon build-up from start to finish)
Chapter Ten - 20,000-Gallon Reef System (complete 20,000-Gallon build-up from start to finish)
Chapter Eleven - Reef Tanks From Around the World (45 Reef tanks from around the world)
Acronyms Glossary Bibliography Photo & Diagram Contributors Index

I saw the name Tony Vargas signed in yesterday checking out the Seth's ph thread in Boomer's forum. Heard the name pop up a few times here before. If I can get my hands on a copy, that would be cool. Maybe I can finally learn something about the hobby. :)

Maybe I can finally learn something about the hobby. :)

edit:
Maybe, Mojo and I can finally learn something about the hobby.

:D:love:

LOL Boomer i only hurt the ones I love!!

Todd I am going to be hanging out with the boomer and Tony at Macna, maybe I can talk Tony into signing a few copies for RF members? I will shoot Tony a email and get him to drop by. If folks want to pick up this book let me know and I will try to pick them up at Macna.

Mojo

Most definitely sign me up for one if at all posible Mike, my friend - my buddy... don't care what Boomer says about ya

Cheers, Todd

edit:

I think at your ages, you'll might have exceeded your learning capacity. :behindsofa: :lol:

Speaking of MACNA, I wonder if they will ever bring one to Florida? That way I could attend. My wife won't fly further than Florida LOL!

Last edited:
Yea, Mojo just called me about an hour ago and broke the bad news to me :lol:. Well I might get her to go a little past Florida so next time they are far south, I will give it a shot!! My wife hates to fly so that's our issue. I tried driving in the US and that didn't go so well. I went down the left side of the road first (we drive on the left and forgot where I was) and then missed my turn and saw the interstate, slammed brakes and jumper over a median and after I saw a guy flick me off and give me the finger for the first time in my life I said I better stick to driving in my own country :lol:

Sign me up for me.

It has been several years since I've gotten a good reefkeeping book to read.

It is only in Iowa. Go without her :D You will not need a flipp'in car. Free airport to Hotel

She will have withdrawals. :faint: LOL!! The longest she's been away from me since we got married in 2002 was 12 hours and that was the one night she had to stay in the hospital when our daughter was born. Said she thought she was going to die that night not having me there :kiss:. Either she's crazy in love with me or one crazy woman!! :lol:

K...So when these books go on sale, I need to know where I can order a copy from. :)

Sweet!!! I've been needing a new book for the reef library shelf. *lol* Count me in for a copy.

Cheers,
Alex

edit:

So were talking less confusion now? Over the years I have learned to read between the lines but man I would hate to be a new reefer and stumble into one of yours or Mikes threads! :D I doubt I would get past adding water to a glass box. :D

Mike, I would like to thank you for the incredible recommendation you gave my book. It means a lot since you normally do not make book recommendations.

Two Little Fishies is working on a website for pre-orders, so it will be available very, very, soon. Hang in there, it driving me crazy as well. There will be two editions of the book sold through pre-order; a Special Edition and a silver edition. The Special Edition will come with a dust cover, limited to 150, each book will be numbered accordingly, and autographed in gold ink, and the silver edition will be the reg edition autographed in silver ink.

Back