Green hair algae battle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'd take some chaeto out and u should start to see growth on ur scrubber seedless. When I ran a scrubber it was just gravity feed with trickle. I scruff up both sides with a heavy grit sand paper and reptile basic clip on lights. 40w fluorescent bulbs. Hths
D

I have my lights 10 hours on 14 off. Hopefully that scrubber is working. Did you make it yourself? Is the rest in the tank dying?

Hey Mr Earl
DIY scrubber, algae on display is going away only a few spots left, i guess all the hard work with water replacements and hand removal, dosing and scrubber Lol

I'd take some chaeto out and u should start to see growth on ur scrubber seedless. When I ran a scrubber it was just gravity feed with trickle. I scruff up both sides with a heavy grit sand paper and reptile basic clip on lights. 40w fluorescent bulbs. Hths
D

Hey Mr D
I will try and see How it works

Did you rough up the plastic canvas before you installed it? When I had mine, I roughed it up by scraping it with the teeth of a hole saw. Also I used just a plant bulb in a cheap aquarium freshwater fixture. I didn't use red leds, worked great.

Oops thxs n1husker. Lol.
I think I used a hole saw as well now that u mention it.
If that don't help try the reg light bulbs instead of the red led light. 5700k-6700k temp is good for algae and plant growth imo.
D

Did you rough up the plastic canvas before you installed it? When I had mine, I roughed it up by scraping it with the teeth of a hole saw. Also I used just a plant bulb in a cheap aquarium freshwater fixture. I didn't use red leds, worked great.

No i got some weaving plastic thing from some fabrict store, today I can see a few tiny spots growing
It only took about 10 days, i will post a picture inbthe next few days

A little update
So after 13 days i finally see something growing, looks like the culprit lol
Also chaeto is been growing super good with only powerheads aim at the surface to avoid sand in sump
Here is a picture image.jpg

Sweet latest update on algae scrubber
Is finally producing 2 types i green and 1 like green hair algae
I did some changes on the lights
I had 8 photo red cree leds
I removed 4 reds and installed 3 whites and remaining 4 reds
I still have some green hair algae in display, hopefully not for long

Back