Have You Ever Tried to Save Something?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Have You Tried to Save Something from LFS?

• Fish

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • Coral

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Both

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • I've never tried to save livestock from LFS

Votes: 56 33.9%

• Total voters
Several things and ALL have suvived and are with me other other HAPPY homes:
DSCN1363.JPG

Had bad case of Ick:
DSCN1459.JPG

Had server damage to jaw and fins:

DSCN1463.JPG

Last surviver from a RTN colony
DSCN1456.JPG

Would'nt open for owner:

DSCN1476.JPG

All of these are 1-4 months old. IMHO I'm in this hobbie to see What I can do Not What I Can't. So I enjoy see if I can do what happens out in the Ocean Naturally "Win or Lose" (IMHO).

I have not gotten a fish from an LFS that was in ill health. I did rescue a clownfish from an individual. They had inherited it from the owner of the house they were renting. The bank forclosed on the house and they were moving out that day and left the tank, an absolutely filthy tank, with one poor clownfish in it, in the house. I went in and took her and the rock. The tank was so bad, it wasnt worth trying to clean it up. That was two years ago and she is doing great.

Last edited:
Yes, I have tried to save both fish and coral when I was young to the hobby. When I fist started out in the hobby I shopped a LFS that would get some really cool fish in but the owner would not spend much time on caring for the fish, So I rescued a couple tangs from that shop and a browned out montipora that I later identified as a montipora verrucosa with beautiful blue polyps. The Tangs found new homes and the monti. was lost in a power outage in July.. While working at a Petco I saved fish that were both sick and too beautiful to be in a 10gl glass box like a Naso Annulatus that came in as a small misc. tang. So he lived in my hundred gallon tank until he outgrew it, so he moved to the 210 and outgrew that, so he painstakingly had to go to a local shop owner who knew people with larger systems so he could grow to his full potential. He was beautiful and I do miss him and his Achille's friends... I don't have fish anymore, just coral..

Back