Heat Sensors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Shark

Killer Blenny
I want to find a heat sensor to drive my 8" fan that I have mounted above my sump. (I would like it to turn on when the ambient temp reaches a certain point). I know that I could get some sort of controller, but I was wondering if anyone had found low cost options? (I saw a Ranco temp monitor for $85, which I may go for)

Also, anyone have experience with the IceCap temp sensing hood fans? I was thinking of picking up a set.

I decided to switch from VHO's to T5's. I will be sure to post pics once I make the switch!

Thanks,

Dan

I want to find a heat sensor to drive my 8" fan that I have mounted above my sump. (I would like it to turn on when the ambient temp reaches a certain point). I know that I could get some sort of controller, but I was wondering if anyone had found low cost options? (I saw a Ranco temp monitor for $85, which I may go for)

Also, anyone have experience with the IceCap temp sensing hood fans? I was thinking of picking up a set.

I decided to switch from VHO's to T5's. I will be sure to post pics once I make the switch!

Thanks,

Dan

What voltage are the fans.

Don

My fan on my sump is a standard clip-on house fan, but does a great job of cooling the tank on hot days!

I don't know what wattage the icecap fans are if that's what you mean

My fan on my sump is a standard clip-on house fan, but does a great job of cooling the tank on hot days!

I don't know what wattage the icecap fans are if that's what you mean

For 110v in your stand cabinet stats are the easy way to go around $40. Or you can make your own out of any bimetal thermostat.

I cant tell you anything about the icecaps. I'm to cheap I just buy pc fans with the stat built in $15 at comp usa.

Don

Back