Hello from Sammamish, WA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

makutaku

Hi ReefFrontier...ites!

After a healthy 3 year break from this hobby to learn how to take care of a new house and yards, my inner passion calls me back again.

Now that I have more space, I want to come back BIG with a .... 72"x24"x20" tank. :peace:

I know ... many will say it's still small ... but let me share a secret: I am not into reef yet! :eek:

I feel I am still not done learning and enjoying FW planted tank / aquascaping, and for that 72" is considered big.

So ... What brings me here? Well ... two things:

* Helpful posts from some folks from Seattle. Makes me feel I am not alone in this hobby in this corner of the country.

* DIY LED fixture experience. I have to admit you reefers are way ahead us FW guys.

My background:

* FW since I was 10.

* Likes to automate/program things

I am glad I found this forum and I hope to contribute, slowly but surely.

Cheers!

A BIG :welcome: back to the Salty side. Is the 150 an existing tank of yours or buying one? I have the 60x24x20 125g version and DIY'd most everything in the setup. Looking forward to your build and now on with the show :popcorn:

Cheers, Todd

Thanks!

Just to clarify:
Although I am coming back to the fish hobby, I plan to continue on FW Nature Aquarium.
When I get bored - and wealthier - I will finally move to the Salty side.

I will be buying a new one. Must be all glass, rimless, braceless and Starphire.
Unfortunately here in the NW we seem to have very few options. Quite disappointing!

maybe someone can recomend a store that can order it for you. I know in San Diego we have a few companies within a couple hours that build them. Welcome to RF.

One of the LFS is submitting a quote with my specs.

Two other options I have are:
* CAD Lights (shipping less than 20% the price of the tank)
* Great Lakes Aquariums (shipping more than 50% the price of the tank)

Well, welcome to RF. But what do we have to do, to get saltwater in that new tank of yours? ;)
I still have a planted FW tank too.

This time I plan to have:

* an overflow
* 5 BH, 2 for returns and 3 for BeanAnimal
* Custom sump with wet-dry section
* ATO, auto water change, auto fertilization
* Several water lines from living room to/from the crawl space
* Custom High Light LED fixture with separate dimming for dusk/dawn effects
* A controller ... probably an APEX.

... so ... as you can see I am on my last stop before putting salt water in it!

Planted tank are a lot of work. there are some reef tanks that are easier to setup. Good luck with the Bid. What area of Sammamish are you in. My parents still live there and My mom Works at Eastlake High.

Back