Help anyone seen/had this before? with theirs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crizzleb

I purchased some Pink zoas at the frag swap and recently they have become inflammed?!?!? The pictures look like its a sponge but infact it is the zoa just exploded up. Anyone know what causes this or how to get rid of it? I have others in the tank and only the pink ones are doing it.

2 pics hope you can see this time to tell.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3945825

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3945826

Thanks.
crizzleb

My proxy is blocking the pics:confused: Does is look like white "mold" on them?

no they are inflammed. their bodies are instead of being a straight stock tehy bludge out and u can see all the way thru them

Weird. Pretty sure I got a chunk of the same zoos at the swap. Mine came in almost a half ball and have stayed essentially the same.

it looks to my as if they are irritated by something, perhaps a hydriod or small feather duster?

Matt

Sometimes zoa tissue will turn white and puff up when over exposed to a new lighting source. What kind of lighting are they in (halides)?

Though I have never seen anything like what you are showing in the pic. There isn't air trapped under the tissue? I had a candy cane coral blow up like a balloon. I poked it with my finger and a big air bubble came out (just gas :) )

It could just be a reaction to an irritant, like Matt stated.

Tagging along...

Yeh they are under halides. 175W 15k MH. Maybe its because of the lighting. But yeh if I poke it, it deflates lol. Havent tried it on the ones in the tank yet but tried it on others out of it and it just went down to blah

OH you guys! They are just multiplying! I have identical zoos (palys I believe) and after a while the big bulge sprouts new heads and the colony just gets bigger and bigger. I think that is a good thing. Sorry I did not see this thread sooner, I would have put your mind at ease :)

HI all, Looks like the zoa's I sold at frag Swap. Mine are under 3 400watt xm 20's. Took all I had but one to frag swap at salsa factory in kent. Now that one is many, I would say 15 to 20 and doing fine. Never seen that from the ones I have. Hope they make it. Here is a pic of what mine look like. Old pic but they look the same.

Yeh I bought them from you at the frag swap and they multiply like crazy lol. They seem to be doing fine. I think it was just the multiplying thing going on like aquarookie stated.

Back