help me level my fish tank please !!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Gaby, if it shakes the the plastic frame will break over time. I have seen it a couple times. It usually means the tank is running inline with the joists under the floor. The tank always needs to cross the joists so the weight is spread over as much support as possible. I bet if you move it to outside wall or a load bearing wall in the office or home it will work fine.
Hope it helps. Steve

yeah dood well the problem is that since it's an old house, all the floors are unlevel :p and yes its old flooring. so wherever we move the fish tank, it kind of leans towards :eek: , i had to get some of the water out again because it looked like it was gonna fall :eek: .
Right now, i'm just waiting for the husband to come home with the stuff so we can get the tank going ... seriously doods it's been a hard day :oops: . ohhh yeah and to make it sweeter, the whole room smells like fish so i'm getting high from it :lol:

Dont smoke or snort the fish. Bad Gaby Bad.

dood is my word so there you have it staticx dood :p:D .

The whole thing took about 2 hours :lol:, it was either one side would be level but then the other 3 corners would not and it'd look like the tank was about to fall , the husband wanted to just dump the whole tank in the dumpster (he told me that next time we're moving, he's gonna give all the live stock away ........like that would ever happen :lol: ) .... the whole sad puppy face always works :badgrin: :lol: .
it seems like it's fine right now, of course as long as my son doesn't jump in the office because then it looks like it's about to go down down baby :p .
The whole tank is full of shims, so hopefully we won't need more.

We thought about the basement if we ever decide to move the fish tank but the thing is that it doesn't have anywhere to plug all my equipment and on top of that, it looks like it floods down there when it rains :rolleyes:, so hopefully we don't need to move the tank but i can see myself buying a chiller pretty soon because the tank is by the window :doubt: .
I'm glad the whole thing is over, one thing that was very painful was moving the rocks, those snails that look like tuve worms are freaking painful doods:oops:, my hands were all sore from them :eek: (yeah i forgot my globes at the other place :rolleyes: ).

dood is my word so there you have it staticx dood :p:D .

Thats what I told him Gabby :)

The whole tank is full of shims, so hopefully we won't need more.

Fish Gabby, your supposed to have fish in the tank.:)

We thought about the basement if we ever decide to move the fish tank but the thing is that it doesn't have anywhere to plug all my equipment and on top of that, it looks like it floods down there when it rains :rolleyes:, so hopefully we don't need to move the tank but i can see myself buying a chiller pretty soon because the tank is by the window :doubt: .
I'm glad the whole thing is over, one thing that was very painful was moving the rocks, those snails that look like tuve worms are freaking painful doods:oops:, my hands were all sore from them :eek: (yeah i forgot my globes at the other place :rolleyes: ).

Forgetting golves is one thing , But make the Hubby lug that rock, Common...... lol

DOODS! I am all late and stuff!

What size is your tank Gaby? I had the same issue in the appartment I was before, one thing I wanted to do was to get/build a bigger stand for my 20gal back then, I figure if the surface it was resting on was bigger than the actual tank it would not matter if it moved. Mine was moving almost 1/2" when I walked by, that made me so nervous. I ended up taking the tank to work.

Okay first off it is not doods
the word is spelled DUDE
or DUDE'S
shims shims shims shims shims shims shims

If you've ever followed Gaby's threads....everyone is a "dood" and sometimes a "doodette" gets thrown in (which I am)......it's her signature and her style....you gotta love it!

Hey everyone in the office is saying dooooodette; as they all hear me going on about RF and the club and my tanks and my soon to be horses. Oh, yes, they know about Gabs. She is a celebrity and doesn't even know it.

I thought Dart Fader was your word?

LOL!!!! well that one too :D .

What size is your tank Gaby? I had the same issue in the appartment I was before, one thing I wanted to do was to get/build a bigger stand for my 20gal back then, I figure if the surface it was resting on was bigger than the actual tank it would not matter if it moved. Mine was moving almost 1/2" when I walked by, that made me so nervous. I ended up taking the tank to work.

the tank is a 37 (yes is a big tank :p ..... ok fine i just like to pretend is big LOL!!).

you know i like your idea :D , but i think it'd still be unlevel in my case dood:p + my son is like a walking earthquake, he shakes the whole house.

"doodette" gets thrown in (which I am)..

you know you're starting to sound like Krish.... just please dont' start a Krystee is a girl thread :lol: .

Hey everyone in the office is saying dooooodette; as they all hear me going on about RF and the club and my tanks and my soon to be horses. Oh, yes, they know about Gabs. She is a celebrity and doesn't even know it.

LOL!!! that's awesome :D, now i just gotta beat Krish posting record or at least Nikki's and i'll be even more popular :D LOL!!!

Hey got any pics of the new house and tank setup Mrs. Popularity????:) Come on Gabby post em on up.
Scott:D

Back