Help me spend $$

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brenden

See Anemaknee
I have been incredibly busy lately. Due to lack of time I have not been selling or giving away frags etc. I would just bag them up and drop them off when I knew I was going by the LFS. Well I went by this weekend and had some time to chat. The owner informed me I had built up close to $3k in credit and wants me to use some of it. I thought about getting a 24 gal nano setup with MH lighting to play around with. I am wondering if I would get bored with it. Any suggestions? Any ideas of something cool to add to existing tank?

Did you say $3k, as in $3K, aka 3 thousand in credit???

Man, I'd get me an Elos tank with that kind of credit!

Man, I'd get me an Elos tank with that kind of credit!

I would agree with this one all the way. A little 24G aquapod or any type of plain old nano surely isnt going to eat up that kind of credit. One of our LFS has a frameless Elos 30G which is a mighty good looking tank. I think it runs right around that price with light, sump, stand and all. VIOLA!! one stop and its gone.

I would agree with this one all the way. A little 24G aquapod or any type of plain old nano surely isnt going to eat up that kind of credit. One of our LFS has a frameless Elos 30G which is a mighty good looking tank. I think it runs right around that price with light, sump, stand and all. VIOLA!! one stop and its gone.

You talkin about the Barrier Reef elos tank?
It's awesome isn't it? And it's 39 gallons not 30. :p

I'd be looking at the high end equipment you've always wanted, but never wanted to buy. Deltec? Bubble Master? Sequence pumps to replace existing.

Or... sell your credit at a slight discount. I'll give you $400 for $500 of it. :D

I'm with Sherman....I'd try and get some better pumps, or back-up pumps, an aquacontroller III, and/or some other high end equipment. Maybe get some back-up bulbs....or try the Solaris LED light fixture.

Good ideas, i just added up the money I spent at one on-line dealer & was slightly shocked:( LOL it is really great to actually be able to get back from all of this!
I'd like to have Internet access, on-line cameras & some on-line control for when I'm away, give DonW a call:D

I'd like to have Internet access, on-line cameras & some on-line control for when I'm away, give DonW a call
Now there is a way to help curb some anxieties! :D

expermanting with the led lighting on an elos tank would be intresting
so how long has this been building up for
cause i can get 8 dollars a stalk for xeina so how much are u getting for acros? differnt prices for differnt colours types?

From a hobbyist's perspective rather than a retailer's...you've got a great problem on your hands

LMAO!!!:lol:.

geeze Brian i wish i had your problem :D:lol:.
i think pumps, new lights would be awesome ....but now ...the Elos tank is freaking awesome dood!!! :D:p....pricey but awesome of all awesomes :p i don't know dood to many things to pick .

OR you can always donate your store credit to the Gabster foundation for the broke hobbist :D:lol:.

Brian...I have a drilled 24 gal aquapod here I'd sell to you at a steal for 3k! :lol: You may get bored with the small tank coming from a 525gal, but then again you might like the simplicity and also having a small species tank. They don't cost much so that wouldn't even put a dent in that credit:)

you can always do what Krish did, start with a 90, then go down to 75, then 37, then 24 and if that still doesn't do it ...just get a 5 one :lol::D.....my buddy Krish can help you out deciding when the tanks need to be put down, right Krish? :lol:

YUP!! Just cash in that credit Brian and swing down here. Take Melissa on that vacation already!

LOL!!! yeah when it's that happening??

i mean Jason is going ..now Brian is going...i guess we all need to save up and go crash Krish's house:D

Back