Help! sick platinum clownfish...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

patsan19

Had a pair of platinum clown fish for a while, then out of nowhere I knowticed one was paralized and almost dead in the morning (dead now & out of the tank).
and the other one has wounds on the side (kinda looks like skin flaping around on the side) and a stiff side fin and covered in white (looks like clear/white film)

just yesterday they were both fine and eating well.
full aquarium of corals and other fish and everything else is doing great.

any Idea what could this be?
and how do I save the last one remaining clownfish?

HELP!!!

PS.. these little guys were really expensive too. :(

With a lesion, sounds like possibly Brooklynella.
check this thread here on RF
Formalin Treatment - Marine Fishes

Here is more info
http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/ichparasiticdiseases/a/aabrooklynella.htm

Do you have a qt tank?
He/She needs to be moved immediately and treated quickly.
Formalin I think is the recommended treatement. Read thru these links. They will hopefully help you.
Good luck

Dipped him in some medicine for fish for few hrs. Then the next day tried with RO water, he started to flip upside down. So I freaked out and put him back after like 30seconds. He is doing much better now. Barely anything is visible. Oh, I did add some of that stress aloy Vera stuff too.

;)

Good to hear patsan!
I am particularly a novice in studying fish diseases and treatment and would like to see the fish if possible and any info on the dips you used.
It is a shame I think sometimes to dip fish. The stress from the act alone can really compound on the problems. I have seen many fish not survive the treatments currently available to them on the market.

Diet seems to be the key to avoiding most ailments.
Glad your buddy has pulled through! Check out the info on feeding in the "fish disease & treatment" forum. Tons of good stuff to learn.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Forum Runner

Back