Help with alk and ph

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

:confused:I am still having an issue with alk and ph.
I am keeping the calcium at approx 410 and magnesium at 1450 but my alk, even after water changes stay about 5.6-5.8 with a ph of 8.2-8.4. I have been using baked baking soda, but I dont want the ph any higher than this do I? I am still a bit confused on how to manage the alk and ph.

Try Measuring your alk . Then leave the tank alone for 24 hours, then measure again to see how much it needs on a daily basis.

Use the calculator link below to see how much baked baking soda is needed ,to keep the alkalinity amount constant.

Then when it is, slowly add a bit more to raise it where you want by ,mixing say 1-2 tsp per quart + of water, and dripping it slowly close to the return pumps intake.

Here's a calculator that will help:

http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html

If You Can't seem to add Enoughp to raise Via dripping it then it's probabaly better to get a CA reactor. That will put allot of Alk into your tank gradually along with Calcium.

Paul

Try Measuring your alk . Then leave the tank alone for 24 hours, then measure again to see how much it needs on a daily basis.

Use the calculator link below to see how much baked baking soda is needed ,to keep the alkalinity amount constant.

Then when it is, slowly add a bit more to raise it where you want by ,mixing say 1-2 tsp per quart + of water, and dripping it slowly close to the return pumps intake.

Here's a calculator that will help:

http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html

If You Can't seem to add Enoughp to raise Via dripping it then it's probabaly better to get a CA reactor. That will put allot of Alk into your tank gradually along with Calcium.

Paul

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. My params are pretty well in order now and hopefully I can keep them there. Still fine tuning the dosing amounts and schedule.:)

Back