Help with One spot Foxface

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeremyhowe

I bought him on Thursday and he has yet to eat. He has been shy so far, I have only seen him at the front of the tank once. Even with him being shy, he is the right yellow, and not all mottled like he is pissed off. I tried feeding spirlinua brine shrimp, krill, and even a small piece of broccoli. Is there anything else i can try? Also, this morning he was resting on the bottom and was all mottled. it was really early when i saw him, is that how they are when they sleep?
Thanks for any help in advance.
-jeremy

Blotchy and mottled look is very common and yes, that's how they sleep. It's also very common for them to be very shy for awhile. I'd try feeding some dried Nori on a feeding clip. Try to put it somewhere that's kinda hidden, so it feels more comfortable eating, feeling like it's alone and protected.

a agree with returnofsid these fish can be very shy at first.mine was pretty damn timid for its first while in the tank,now its a beast of an algae controller,eats anything algae.just give it a little time and keep an eye on it.do like returnofsid said and try the clip with some nori.i hope your fish well.:p

You can try rubberbanding some nori to a small rock and put it close to where he normally hangs...Is he trying to graze for algae at all, or just sitting in one spot?

Good luck,

-augustus

Back