help with water reducing calcium in tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Milez803

any advice to help reduce calcium in the water would really help. I haven't dose part A and B for 3 week. I did 10 gallon water change with saltwater from the LFS. Also another 5 gallon from my own mix with IO salt. calcium was reduce to 500, but after 1 week without doing anything, calcium was increase back to 540. i have try so many ways to reduce my calcium already. Will attempt to do another 10 gallon water change again this sunday. any advice prior to that would be appreciated.

Milez

Are you sure your test kit is working right and that you are using it correctly? I would test with another source.

any advice to help reduce calcium in the water would really help. I haven't dose part A and B for 3 week. I did 10 gallon water change with saltwater from the LFS. Also another 5 gallon from my own mix with IO salt. calcium was reduce to 500, but after 1 week without doing anything, calcium was increase back to 540. i have try so many ways to reduce my calcium already. Will attempt to do another 10 gallon water change again this sunday. any advice prior to that would be appreciated.

Milez

Depending on the size of the tank IO should have reduced the ca. Are you topping off with tap water? Its not going to go back up on its own. Its either a testing error or your adding it unknowingly.

Don

Back