Helping Kevin

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm sorry if I missed anything - do you have a date in mind?

I'd really like to grab up the 5 chromis as well as the six line wrasse for our 75. We're just south of Tacoma but we're portable :)

We're trying to plan a gig FOWLR tank but unfortunately it's nowhere in the near future.

Cool, the wrasse might be spoken for, but you will be next if it falls through.
I will put the fish up after I move them from Kevin's. I will give a pick up date as soon as I have one.
-Todd

OK if anyone has anything on the list that they would like to lend/donate please contact me as I will be going up to Todd's (NWDiver) on Thursday and can transport items from Mill Creek/South Everett area. I'm around today and late afternoon on Wednesday to receive items needed.

We don't need a scale any longer but could use a couple lrg hang on filters to run carbon/amonia remover in. Also probably only need another (2) heaters in the 200-300w range as I have 3 extra 200w to bring up already.

Thanks in advance, Todd @ 425-760-6013

So, long day :)
Thanks to Justforfun for working his butt off today!
We have both tanks in my shop, and are cleaning and getting them ready for plumbing.
Justforfun got me the hookup on a stocktank and 6! screw top barrels to move the live rock.
The live rock is just plain awesome, and I'm not just saying that because you all need to buy some :) We shuffled a bunch around today and it is really nice stuff.
We cleaned the glass on the 750 today and the fish are really fat and look great as well.
I'm not kidding when I say that I will have to bring my dive mask and snorkel to get things from the bottom back half of the tank, my whole upper body was soaked fishing some of the coral out.
I can REALLY use a heater\controller so if anyone knows where I can buy\borrow one that would be great. It is my greatest worry at this point.
Plastic plants, you know you have some around the house, I'll even pay for them...
I hope to know by Friday what day we will do the breakdown.

So, long day :)
Thanks to Justforfun for working his butt off today!
We have both tanks in my shop, and are cleaning and getting them ready for plumbing.
Justforfun got me the hookup on a stocktank and 6! screw top barrels to move the live rock.
The live rock is just plain awesome, and I'm not just saying that because you all need to buy some :) We shuffled a bunch around today and it is really nice stuff.
We cleaned the glass on the 750 today and the fish are really fat and look great as well.
I'm not kidding when I say that I will have to bring my dive mask and snorkel to get things from the bottom back half of the tank, my whole upper body was soaked fishing some of the coral out.
I can REALLY use a heater\controller so if anyone knows where I can buy\borrow one that would be great. It is my greatest worry at this point.
Plastic plants, you know you have some around the house, I'll even pay for them...
I hope to know by Friday what day we will do the breakdown.

Thank you and Justfor fun for doing this yesterday!

I am available to get away in the late afternoons, so please let me know when you can use my assistance.

Will do Jeff :)
Todd will be around tomorrow if you want to swing by.
I'm not sure how much work there will be to do, it depends on how much I get done tonight.
I hope to get the beams underneath tonight and finish the plumbing tomorrow.
Looks like I might be able to pickup rock this weekend, and fish a few days later if we don't cycle.

Will do Jeff :)
Todd will be around tomorrow if you want to swing by.
I'm not sure how much work there will be to do, it depends on how much I get done tonight.
I hope to get the beams underneath tonight and finish the plumbing tomorrow.
Looks like I might be able to pickup rock this weekend, and fish a few days later if we don't cycle.

Sonds Good! Depending on what time Todd comes up, I might swing up there with him.

I'll be heading up to Bellingham around 11:30 or so tomorrow to help Todd out with Fish holding tanks for Kevin's livestock. Does anyone nearby have a extra bucket or bag of salt they would like to donate ??? shoot me a pm or give me a call.

Todd @ 425-760-6013

Update:
Thanks Todd and Jeff for coming by yesterday and delivering heaters for the truck and the tank, also a ton of nice birdsnest frags. I'm sorry I wasn't a better host, had to get the beams up and all. I'll do better next time, promise.
Thanks to justforfun and Richard for crawling around under my shop with me and adding a pair of new beams to try and keep the new 800 gallons from becoming an in-ground swimming pool.
Thanks chastjw71 for the brand new big heater loan! It was right where you left it and will be wet in the tank in a few minutes.
Not that I want to really blog here, but here is a guy that "on faith" drops off a nice heater to some other guy that he has never met. Left it for me on the door step. Wow!
You guys are just awesome.
So, I'm renting a truck tomorrow or Sunday to gather a metric-buttload of live rock at Kevin's house. Let me know by PM or text if you are interested in lending a hand, and which day works best. Don't feel bad if you are busy, the BIG day is a few days off yet.

-Todd

Todd, I enjoyed our brief visit yesterday, sorry it couldnt have been longer!

I will find out tonight what our plans are for the weekend and let you know! Sunday will probably work better for me.

Not that I want to really blog here, but here is a guy that "on faith" drops off a nice heater to some other guy that he has never met. Left it for me on the door step. Wow!

So, I'm renting a truck tomorrow or Sunday to gather a metric-buttload of live rock at Kevin's house.

Like robbing the pizza delivery boy, he knows where you live...

I have surprise family in town so this weekend is a stretch for me. If you are able to grab the sailfins easily I will find a way to drive up to your place.

With UHaul the mileage was more than the rental by a lot. If you can tow a trailer the total cost is like $30.

Step one is done! We have moved 1/2 the live rock down to my place. It pretty much fills two 100 gallon stock tanks. Help me sell it for Kevin!
My huge thanks to Jeff, DJ, and Britney for busting out the move and playing with bristle-worms. We lost a total of 1 deg F during the move, I was amazed to say the least.
Praying for it not to cycle in a big way!
@TheKraken Yep, a trailer is much cheaper if I didn't mind the rock going through a major cycle from getting cold. I figured it would be worth it to keep it all happy.
@chastjw71 Cool, see ya tomorrow!
Here is a crappy cell picture of the rock:
NWDiverphoto

Kevin's livestock

Thanks Mojo for allowing me to post this in our forum. I will add it to the classifieds tomorrow.
Here is what I'm thinking: The first day that I can get a significant number of you fish buyers up north or arrange transportation south for the fish, I will do the teardown. I am shooting for Tuesday early afternoon. Please make arrangements to get your fish home on that day, or be clear with me that you are not going to make it, but you absolutely want the fish. I will sell "your" fish to someone else on the move day if we do not have a prior agreement. Remember that if I hold your fish past the teardown day, it will go into a 300gal with all the other fish on hold. This may well be hard on some of the less aggressive fish.
I plan to start at noon and I expect the fish will be ready to go home starting about 1PM. Please be there as close to that time as you can, it will be easier on the fish to spend as little time as possible in the bag. TheKraken has offered to bring fish as far south as Edmonds on the teardown day, please make arrangements to pay for and pickup the fish with him ahead of time.
If you want a fish that is already on hold, I will add you to the list and call you right away if it is not picked up.
Please only hold a fish if you are sure you will be able to finish the deal. This is complicated enough as it is :)
Here is the livestock list and fish that are currently on hold:

Dog-face puffer $20.00
Koran Angel 4” $20.00 TheKraken
Baby Mollies (2) $1.00
Mollies $1.00
Chromies small (5) $1.00 WaBlonde
Chromies larger (2) $1.00 NWDiver
Christmas Wrasse 6” $25.00
Leopard Wrasse $30.00
6 line Wrasse (small) $5.00 Not Avail.
Huge Sailfin Tang $50.00 TheKraken
Smaller Sailfin Tang $20.00 TheKraken
Yellow Tangs (2) 4”-5” $10.00
Hippo Tangs (3) 5”-7” $10.00 TJL(1) Arman(1) Minh(1)
Scopas Tang 4” $10.00
Maroon Clown pair female 5” male smaller $10.00
Maroon clowns small (2) $5.00
Fire Clown $10.00
Damsels blue devil and blue/yellow tail (5-7) 1”-2” $1.00
Basselets (3?) 3” $5.00 Temp hold- If you asked about these, let me know.
Copper Banded Butterfly 5” $25.00 Hold for ThatGuy559
FoxFace (Large) 7” $20.00
Cat Sharks (Large) 12” full grown now $20.00
Golden dwarf Moray Eel (12”) $50.00
PJ Cardinals 2” (4) $5.00 (2)NWDiver
Marine Betta 5” $25.00
Pair of blood or scarlet shrimp $20.00 Dolphinlvr, Justforfun
Coral banded shrimp $10.00

Live Rock $2.00lb
Large Hermits $2.00
Small Hermits $ .50
Snails $ .50
Red bubble tip anemone (BIG) $30.00
Red bubble tip anemone (small) $20.00
Mangroves (small) $2.00
Mangroves (Large) $5.00

Coral: price does not include the rock, but most can be removed.
Large colony green zoas $20.00
Smaller colony green zoas $15.00
Green zoas Frag size $5.00
Xenia Frags $5.00
Kenya Frags $5.00
Anthillia Frag $5.00
Large Finger Leather $30.00
Branching Gorgon (needs TLC) $20.00
Neon green toadstool $20.00
Green star polyps frag $5.00

WOW ! Great Job Todd you done GOOD I hope Kevin and all the recipients of the livestock appreciates the above and beyond you and others have put into this. Give me a call when you need me to come up and give you some additional help.

Cheers, Todd

Back