Helping Kevin

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That rock was so beutiful filled with awesome purple
We did good todd with the temp no cycle. Yay

TheKraken has offered to bring fish as far south as Edmonds on the teardown day, please make arrangements to pay for and pickup the fish with him ahead of time.

I am not looking forward to the long drive all the way to Kevin's house so I might as well make it worth it.

The problem is that I want to go to the GSAS.org meeting in Seattle as I am involved in the club and help choose the speaker. The meeting is at the Seattle Pacific University so I could make drops along I-5 we coordinate and have some flexibility. I hope to read and post more as the details are finalized.

@ TheKraken: Thanks for reducing the stress on me and the fish! Feel free to tell folks no if you are not sure that they will be on time. If you know of someone else that is headed south from Kevin's, we could get them involved as well.
I will start moving rock at noon, and with any luck we will have the water level down low and be netting fish a little after 1PM. It will depend a bit on how much we stir up the tank getting the rock out.

Thanks Jeremy, great to meet you today!
I need to leave here about 11, but you can follow later if you need to.

I am really looking forward to pickup day for the fish and dropping off to the people that have already contacted me. If you see something on the list you like please get a hold of Todd ASAP.

I have a problem in that I am stuck at work in Seattle until this afternoon. I was hoping to pick up the fish later tonight from Todd's shop but plans are changing and he would like them on the road as soon as they are pulled out of the tank for A) the health of the fish and B) to focus on taking the tank down which is a monumental task. If you are going up to pick up a fish or happen to have some time today please let me know. I will be driving north anyways but each mile further north is another 2 min for the fish.

Thank you for you consideration and please let me know.

If I am bringing you something please post for a running total.
UserName, What, Paid?

TheKracken (Paul), 2 sailfins, 2 yellow tangs(swap w/ allen), Paypal to Kevin.

Paul, Are you driving up there then? I think Allen is also going as I spoke to him earlier today. Just trying to confirm.

If I am bringing you something please post for a running total.
UserName, What, Paid?

TheKracken (Paul), 2 sailfins, 2 yellow tangs(swap w/ allen), Paypal to Kevin.

tuanp: 1 flame angel, 1 large zoa colony, 1 small zoa colony, 1 basslet, paypal'd to Kevin

I can't handle the guilt of flaking on Todd and letting my fish sit in a bag. I am going to make a run for it.

I have a phone and some limited email but posting a list here like tuanp is the gold standard. If you post before 3:30 your fish will be in my car.

In my desperation I have made a lot of half plans and confusion. If I left a disjointed message with you (particularly allenho, dolphinlvr, and the other Todd) please post on this thread so I do not worry or duplicate efforts. :)

Looks as though we are driving up to Edmonds tonight to TheKraken's place to pick up a few fish. We're based in Olympia/Lacey so if anyone needs help with getting fish from between Oly and Seattle, let me know.

OK people... please don't send paypal unless you have confirmed that the fish ARE available. We are already dealing with one person who has sent paypal for fish already sold.

Also, please include a screen name with paypal so we can keep track of who is who... and a note what you are paying for.

Last edited:
If Todd said you have the fish it is in my car. Thanks to the time and the snow I am going home and skipping the Seattle meeting. I will be at target in alderwod ~7 tonight for Allen? and then home in Edmonds. If you call and I do not pick up I am driving. Please leave a message.

A long day and thanks everyone!

Mission Completion!

The roads are just starting to become a mess and all the fish should be in water by now. Thank you Todd & everyone whom made this happen. 4 happy people and lots of happy fish.

Edit: not the best picture and the sailfin in out of color but I think we have a new pet in the family.

Attachments

• new_friends.jpg
    new_friends.jpg
    64.5 KB
Last edited:
Back