here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow! you were just as busy last month picking up equipment as I was. Did you get the foscam set up? Was is easy?

Wow! you were just as busy last month picking up equipment as I was. Did you get the foscam set up? Was is easy?

yes i have been really busy working on my tank. well i don't have to go to work because of my broken right leg. it gave me time to think about what i wanted to do on my tank. its nice having money come in and i don't have to work for it. lol. i did get the foscam set up. it was pretty easy to install. not to happy with the video quality. i guess to have really clear video you have to buy the webcams that coast around $1,000.00. im not going to do that. now it is time to work on my 160 gallon tank. i have a 3 foot snowflake eel that i want to get rid of. then i plan on turning that tank into a zoathid tank. always something to do

just got a shipment of salt in. will not have to buy salt for a long time. this will make 1000 gallons of saltwater. woooo hoooo.

yeah it is alot of salt. i hate buying salt local. i have been buying this salt at petco. one bag makes 50 gallons. after tax it comes to $27. buying this salt online i get one box for $40 and it comes with 4 bags that makes 200 gallons. free shipping to my house. so buying all this salt at petco would have coast me $540.00. i bought all this salt online with free shipping for $199.97. buying online is the way to go

Just in case you run out and forget to order before you do...Barrier Reef I am pretty sure, carries that in the box at pretty close to the same price.

And yeah thats a LOT of salt. you should be set for a couple years. ;)

Just in case you run out and forget to order before you do...Barrier Reef I am pretty sure, carries that in the box at pretty close to the same price.

And yeah thats a LOT of salt. you should be set for a couple years. ;)

i do a 50 gallon water change every two weeks. so this salt will last me 10 months.

I usually order 3-4 boxes the same way.

great minds think alike. my old mail person was a little tiny girl. she would not deliver them to me. she would make me come pick them up from the post office. my new mail man is a old guy. i told him i would meet him at the end of my driveway with a hand truck. he said he had no problem delivering them. those boxes weigh 63 pounds each.

Well yeah, I admit, I order 2 boxes every few months. we dont get mail delivery out here. I have it shipped fedex. they deliver to the door.

Well yeah, I admit, I order 2 boxes every few months. we dont get mail delivery out here. I have it shipped fedex. they deliver to the door.

i dont understand why my salt comes from the post office. it gets shipped ups to kent wa then from there it goes to the post office. kind of weird.

here is a picture of my acrylic box's that peppie made for me. thank you peppie. you did a great job on them. all i have to do is drill tons of holes in them. these two acrylic box's will hold my mini maxi anemones when i frag them. Dave made it so the lids slide on and off.

O wow. Idk why but I pictured white acrylic with see through sliding lids

These will b sweet. Real clear. Duh lol.
-d

well i got one drilled and forgot to take a picture of it. i was in a hurry to get my mini maxi anemones into the new box. here is a picture of it in my tank with my mini maxi anemones in it.

Nicely done with the spacing. Did you use a jig, or are your eyeballs that highly calibrated?

hey thank you. well i bought a new craftsman drill press. i marked with a pencil all the dots. then used my eyeballs to make sure they were center. i think it turned out perfect. lol

Back