here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey thank you guys for the help with the spray paint question. man i have so much stuff on my mind. i feel like my brain has expanded a few inches. i have so many things going on right now. i hate going to work. i want to stay home and work on the tank. well guess i have to go to work to pay for this thing.

Lmao...Yes..I am the same way, I get focused and hate to walk away till the task at hand is completed. Your Right Though, it does take Money to get it set up. So get to work...lol....Chat with us soon....

hey thank you guys for the help with the spray paint question. man i have so much stuff on my mind. i feel like my brain has expanded a few inches. i have so many things going on right now. i hate going to work. i want to stay home and work on the tank. well guess i have to go to work to pay for this thing.

You know you have just given symptoms of an addict. LOL

I am planning a DIY 200gal+ build for next spring, and I also feel my head swelling so much I am afraid I sneeze I will lose most of my build, and have to start over LOL

Starting over might be good. I have changed my plans so many times. The longer you think about it the better the plans get

hey thank you guys about the spray paint question. went and bout some krylon fusion paint. painted alot of parts today. works great. drys really fast. thanks agian for the help

more plumbing for closed loops

here is some of the plumbing i did today

Attachments

• plumbing 1.JPG
    plumbing 1.JPG
    5.7 KB
  • closed loop plumbing.JPG
    closed loop plumbing.JPG
    8.8 KB
  • center plumbing.JPG
    center plumbing.JPG
    8.8 KB
Last edited:
Chad, Glad to hear that you Liked the results. Looking good based on the pics. I can't wait to see this beast in person!!! I will be off of work all week, so I will be in touch. Shane

so i took all my rock out of my main reef tank yesterday. going to kill all the rock and start with a new fresh start. here is a pic of the rock. i think im going to have to buy somemore. we will see

Attachments

• rock.JPG
    rock.JPG
    83.2 KB
Chad, any updates? Did you start to cook that rock yet? How are you going to do it, with acid or another way?

I think it's a good idea for you to start fresh, pest free. Your Butterfly's wont be so happy, but they will survive..Lol

Well right now all the rock is outside laying in the grass. Friday I am going to pressure wash all the rock. Then put it in three 55 gallon barrels and skim the heck out of it.

Sweet deal bro,do you work Friday? Jen is on vacation now for the next 10 days and I am off for Atleast that long. I would love to get to see what your doing and chat for a while. It's been a long time since we have hung out!!

Let me know what works best for you bud. I still can't drive yet, but hopefully soon enough I will. Jen will have no problem driving me, or even John can now. Can you believe that.....

Well I got both return pump plumbing done today. Also got the over flow plumbing done. Put in an order in the other day for 6 unions for my amp master pumps. I am going to be running three closed loops on timers. Should have lots of flow. Also this weekend I'm going to start on my Hood. I'm going to attach it to the ceiling. I'm thinks of a cool idea of Venetian blinds for part of the Hood. We will just have to see

I can't beloved that. Time flyswatter when your having fun. Well I am off all weekend. Your always welcome to come over. If you need. I can also come pick you up. Talk to you soon

Well right now all the rock is outside laying in the grass. Friday I am going to pressure wash all the rock. Then put it in three 55 gallon barrels and skim the heck out of it.

Whats your plan here reefman?

What is your plan with all the rock outside on the lawn?? are you trying to cook/refresh it??

Mike, chad had Aptasia in his other system!!! He just broke it down and is going to kill his rock and cycle his new system from dead rock.

I'm not sure how he is going to kill it all yet though. He will most likely pressure wash it and give it an Acid bath. Then skim the Heck out of it during the build process. Hopefully he will chime in here:)

Yea I figured he was going to kill the rock, I was just wondering if he was going to do more then Pressure wash. I just did the same thing to my tank and wanted to make sure he was killing it properly thats all.

Mike

Back